WoW whats being left out at release?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kraegor

WoW whats being left out at release?

Post by Kraegor »

alrighty, I used to know the answer to this but I ummm smoked some stuff between now and then and i cant remember no mores :p

Prestige classes is one item i remember (Orc Blademaster for instance)

Does anyone know what else got cut out so blizzard could rush for the christmas release?
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I think it's still too early to tell for most items, they haven't said much about how battlefields will be implemented at release, afaik not all of the talents are in yet, so who knows if even all the talent trees will be ready.
obb

Post by obb »

From what they say, racial bonuses, the missing talents, and warlock pets (felhunter and INFERNAL) are in the next patch that the stress testers/open betaers will get.

Full PVP rewards, an example raid encounter are there too.

Beyond this, more raids and battlegrounds need to be put in. I'm sure they'll make it.

I'm not sure what else is being left out... they stated player housing would come after release a long time ago, so I don't think that counts as "left out"
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

well left out may have been the wrong term to use. I am certainly interested in what items they have said would be "soon to 6 months after release" as well
Odin

Post by Odin »

I think most of the content will be there. What they're going to miss out on is balance. EVERY patch over the last 11 months that featured major changes got substantial feedback by the testers, usually resulting in more significant changes. Hell, they're still making changes to the death penalty. I remember arguing about that back in Alpha.

So the most recent round of major changes (item deterioration, death penalty, sweeping spell rework to several classes) will never get the kind of testing that previous versions did - either resulting in unaddressed imbalances OR more major changes to a game people are PAYING to play. You forgive a lot when you're a beta-tester. When you're a paying customer (well, when I'M a paying customer, anyway) you don't tolerate putting time, money, effort, etc. into acquiring a weapon, skill, item, spell, etc. just to have the rug yanked out from under you.

I'll say again, it's a true shame that Blizzard has slipped from their previous high standard of only releasing games when they're truly ready.

Sith