Help with NWN: SoU

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

CSL

Help with NWN: SoU

Post by CSL »

Ok i've reached the Three Winds quest in SoU with my level 11 fighter. I've got Deekin with me (probably a bad decision, but like the little guy). Anyways i'm going through the wind in which i gotta go through those story books, in the first book with the Devil. Problem is I can't kill the Devil, its got insane damage reduction and I need a critical to even damage it. To make things worse it regenerates! So I manage to crit. him but he just regenerates before I get my next one! Its proving to be impossible, neither we or it can kill each other and i'm getting quite frustrated.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Not sure if I remember exactly, but is that the place with all the priestesses and such? That was probably the toughest battle in the game, but I got through it.

What class are you? My guy was a pretty badass ranger, so I had my bear soak up damage while I hacked everyone to pieces.

As for the Devil, I think weapons with elemental damage go through DR. Like if you got a sword with +1d6 acid damage, the acid still hits him. I could be wrong though.
Alefroth

Re: Help with NWN: SoU

Post by Alefroth »

CSL wrote:Ok i've reached the Three Winds quest in SoU with my level 11 fighter. I've got Deekin with me (probably a bad decision, but like the little guy). Anyways i'm going through the wind in which i gotta go through those story books, in the first book with the Devil. Problem is I can't kill the Devil, its got insane damage reduction and I need a critical to even damage it. To make things worse it regenerates! So I manage to crit. him but he just regenerates before I get my next one! Its proving to be impossible, neither we or it can kill each other and i'm getting quite frustrated.
It has been a while, so I'm sorry this is so vague, but I think there is a way to defeat the devil without fighting it. It depends on how you read the story. SorgatzVroom has a much better memory, so I'll ask her.

Love your avatar. Now I don't have to apply for citizenship.

Ale
CSL

Post by CSL »

Finally killed the bastard, the head matron dropped a nice longsword which added Acid Damage, he fell right after that.