Interesting note about WoW open beta:

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

noxiousdog

Interesting note about WoW open beta:

Post by noxiousdog »

Will there be a limit to the number of people who can play the World of Warcraft open beta?

Yes, we will have to limit the number of players. However, a maximum number of players has not yet been determined. At this time, we simply recommend that if you wish to play in the open beta that you download the game and create an account as soon as the open beta is ready. Once we fill our servers to capacity, we will remove the World of Warcraft downloader and account-creation pages.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Ibby

Post by Ibby »

Word on the street is that this 2nd Stress Test and perhaps even the Open Beta will be nearly identical to the retail version that comes on CD, all you'll need is the cd key to register and play in retail.

If that's the case, wouldn't you think Blizzard would want as many testers as possible to simulate launch conditions?
Mithridates

Post by Mithridates »

I'm sure that the "limit" of the number of users will be quite high, for the sheer purpose of testing the servers. However, I understand having a limit since the number of open beta testers will likely exceed the number of people who actually buy the game.

It sounds pretty likely that the open beta will start Monday, so be watching like a hawk so you can secure a spot! I'm already in by virtue of the closed beta, but I'm still watching because I want my brother to get into the open. :)