*almost* done. or; "The Poll Strikes Back"

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

What method of communication do you use in-game to communicate *to* other players?

I'm a uber-l33t keyboardist. Old skool all the way. (actually, I have no microphone, or some such excuse)
48%
I like heavy breathing in TeamSpeak or Ventrilo or some other voice-over-IP solution.
52%

Total votes: 25

CharlieDelta

*almost* done. or; "The Poll Strikes Back"

Post by CharlieDelta »

Like the little engine that could, that just poll just keeps steaming ahead. This is the last (or next to last, haven't decided yet) in the series though, so bear with me...

[edit: this is a short one, only two options, so it should be pretty cut and dried.]
disarm

Post by disarm »

as i've mentioned in the other polls, UT2K4 is really the only MP game i'm into right...and it has great voice support included out of the box. there are a number of us who like to chat it up on zaxxon's server and we have a good time...also makes for some great strategy during team games. unfortunately, voice-chat is highly abused by a large majority of the gaming public...
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

... which is why I voted for keyboard. Admittedly my mike is broken so for now I'm rocking the normal headphones. Pretty much the only time I use the headphone is when I'm on Zaxxon's server.

A great thing about text is that you can ignore it.
disarm

Post by disarm »

and yet another nice thing about UT2K4...you can disable voices entirely, or just choose to ignore certain people. works great 8)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

voice doesn't seem to work that great for me in UT2K4 - half the time when someone's portrait pops up and the game audio turns down ... there's no voice at all. why is this?
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Teamspeak all the way for me, but I've only used it with guys I know. We used it for the year and half of BIOS racing and it was pretty invaluable. I also think it adds to Ghost Recon/Raven Sheild but in fast paced shooters I think it would be a distraction.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I love voice comm. Unfortunately the mic/headphones ports on my Audigy 2 stopped working :evil:
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!