S.T.A.L.K.E.R

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Eco-Logic

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Post by Eco-Logic »

What is the latest on STALKER? It was my second favorite game of E3 2004, behind Burnout 3, and I would have thought it would be out by now.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Check here for all of your STALKER news.

Or, non-news as it were:
In two words, to sum up an ICQ chat: when the plot is fully implemented (it is being completed), the simulation will be finally tuned. This is what the team is doing right now.

The game will certainly not come out this year.

Look for the beginning of the wide advertising campaign, as it will mean half a year until the release."
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

I remember when I was psyched about this game. Good times, good times.
Greg Wak

Post by Greg Wak »

This stupid game just makes me crazy. I thought they said they had the story done a long time ago. I still think it's the coolest concept for a shooter out there. Oh well I will play it if it ever sees the light of day.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Beginning to smell like vapor.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Two Words: Boiling Point

I would rather have the game completed and bug free than having it released early and being a buggy mess. Big games like STALKER and Boiling Point really need time to mature at the studio. Otherwise you have what would have been great games (BP) turned into obscure and interesting titles that fail to sell well.
jg93

Post by jg93 »

Turtle wrote:Two Words: Boiling Point

I would rather have the game completed and bug free than having it released early and being a buggy mess. Big games like STALKER and Boiling Point really need time to mature at the studio. Otherwise you have what would have been great games (BP) turned into obscure and interesting titles that fail to sell well.
Or, you have a game that takes forever, like, Freelancer, only to be released in the face of years of hype and now technologically behind the times.

No Show at E3 after 3 years of development = bad news indeed.
JG93

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f*ckin’ beatin’s. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back." Al Swearingen, Deadwood
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I heard it will be released early 2006 from some website today.
JayG

Post by JayG »

Delayed again:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61456

In addition, previously delayed PC title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has slipped further, and is down for an October 2006 release at the earliest.
Huw the Poo

Post by Huw the Poo »

Oh well. I'm sorry to say all my interest in this game has pretty much been drained away. It's had a less than glorious development cycle. :?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

A thread resurrection eh?

Anyway, what's the big deal? It comes out when it comes out. Plenty of other games, plenty of other things to worry about in general.
Strom

Post by Strom »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalk ... id=6136773

"Today's conference call also brought news that one of the most-delayed PC games on THQ's roster, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, won't be arriving until the second half of THQ's 2007 fiscal year--October 2006 at the earliest." haha, a year, possibly 16 months...Give me a break, what a joke
Greg Wak

Post by Greg Wak »

The big deal is when it's your most or one of your most anticioated games. I'm over my disapointment because of so many delays but it's still a bummer. I just think the setting and ideas for the game are the coolest I've ever heard for a shooter. You are correct in that in the meantime there are plenty of other great games to play.