Civ 3 Rise & Rule crash!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kraken

Civ 3 Rise & Rule crash!

Post by Kraken »

My program of global conquest came to a crashing halt last night when I tried to build my first fighter. I got a message saying "P-38 Lightning.ini could not be loaded", with an OK button that took me to the desktop. There are no such files in the Units folder, at least that I can find. I emailed Isak but havent heard back yet. Has anyone else encountered this? Are the missing files available somewhere, or should I rename something else? I need to intercept those pesky Incan bombers. I suppose I could copy and rename the F-15, but that would be so wrong.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

R&R 1.01 Patch here (I haven't tried it out yet).

I had to track down the missing .INI file issue a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't remember the gyrations necessary (and my googling isn't working without having the exact error message in front of me). But basically I had to d/l a Conquests add-on package and fill up the art subdirectory with all sorts of additional folders. Sorry to be so vague. Maybe the 1.01 patch addresses this?

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Thanks for the link, I have patched and followed the instructions. Will let you know if it worked.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

For the record, the patch did not fix my crash. I searched and found the missing unit folder in Civ3\Conquests\Conquests\WWII in the Pacific\Art\Units. Copied the P-38 Lightning folder to Civ3\Conquests\Art\Units. Actually, I also copied it to a couple of other Units folders just to be safe, so I'm not positive that the path above is correct. All better now, anyway. Die Incan scum.
Isak

Post by Isak »

Sorry guys - check out the DYP/RAR website http://civ3.bernskov.com. In the PtW downloads section you'll find an 'Extras' patch which contains a whole bunch of units originally released as a bonus with PtW. Unfortunately these units are not included in all repackaged and gold versions, and not included (at least not in the same setup) with the PtW files that come with Conquests. :(

Once I get some time I'll sort out that mess for good, but downloading the patch mentioned above, should fix it. :)

Edit: Trying to fix a URL
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I must be dim. I don't see this Extras patch of which you speak.
Isak

Post by Isak »

It's all the way down below the 'Compatibility Patches' section on this page. :)

Sorry I didn't post the direct link before. I was feeling a bit too lazy, I'm afraid. :D
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

On a side note, are any of the Civ3 expansions required for Rise and Rule? Im looking to get into Civ3 agian and dont know what to buy.
Isak

Post by Isak »

You'll need the Conquests expansion, but if you get that, you also get Play The World included for 'free' (if there was ever such a thing ;) )
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Thanks for the help. But Ive another question- Does Civ3 Game of the Year come with rise and rule? What about the Complete edition?

Sorry for derailing, but its hardly worth its own thread and seems most appropiate here.
Isak

Post by Isak »

Nope, sorry, it isn't included on any of the Civ3 releases. We only just finished the first version of it about a month ago. :)