Playing WoW? Looking for a guild?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Gedd
Technical Admin

Playing WoW? Looking for a guild?

Post by Gedd »

If you're thinking about playing World of Warcraft, and you don't already belong to a guild, take a look at The Wanderers. We're currently looking for new folks to join us for World of Warcraft (and any of the other MMOs for that matter).

The Wanderers was sort of the unofficial Gone Gold guild and have been together in some form since DAoC. In the time I've spent with the Wanderers I've found them to be extremely helpful and friendly, quick to help out new folks, and organized, but not to the point where the game stops being fun. :)

If you'd like to learn more, check out the forums at the link in the first paragraph. We've got a really active WoW forum, and we're looking to have around 75-100 people playing WoW at release, including 20 or so that have been playing since alpha/closed beta days.

[edit]

Forgot to mention that we'll be officially playing Horde upon release, most likely on the PvE server.
knob

Post by knob »

Which server are you guys on? I played with you guys during Alpha, but kind of went my own seperate way after beta started (You guys were Alliance, I wanted Horde).
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Valael wrote:Which server are you guys on? I played with you guys during Alpha, but kind of went my own seperate way after beta started (You guys were Alliance, I wanted Horde).
For the current beta/stress test, we've got folks spread all over the place. I know there were quite a few of us on beta 1 on the alliance side (I went Horde as well during Closed Beta).

I'm not sure if we'll get organized for open beta or not, but once they finally get around to announcing the release servers, I'm sure we'll post some info on the guild WoW board.
fancydirt

Post by fancydirt »

If interested in playing Horde (probably PvP, not sure what their retail plans are) and want to be in a bigger guild, consider the Purge guilds. Level 1-29: Remnants of the Scourge, 30-49: Legio Noctis, 50-60 Purge. I joined Legio once it became clear that the #gg guild was pretty much dead (everyone else stopped playing :)) and stuck with it long enough to know that I prefer to be in smaller, more selective guilds (which is what I left Legio to start with some friends who were in the same boat in other guilds). Still, the Purge guilds are the biggest Horde guilds on the PvP server so you'll never be without people to play with (there was typically 25-40 people online at any given time), and the majority of the people that I helped and quested with from the guild were really cool.
knob

Post by knob »

Gedd wrote:
Valael wrote:Which server are you guys on? I played with you guys during Alpha, but kind of went my own seperate way after beta started (You guys were Alliance, I wanted Horde).
For the current beta/stress test, we've got folks spread all over the place. I know there were quite a few of us on beta 1 on the alliance side (I went Horde as well during Closed Beta).

I'm not sure if we'll get organized for open beta or not, but once they finally get around to announcing the release servers, I'm sure we'll post some info on the guild WoW board.

Are the Closed Beta Testers still able to play on the Beta servers? Or were they moved to the Stress Test servers?
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Closed beta testers can play on either the closed beta servers (which are still available) or the new stress test servers.
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

A bunch of us have toons on both Alliance and Horde, Val, and play both. Also, we're going Horde in release.
knob

Post by knob »

Eightball wrote:A bunch of us have toons on both Alliance and Horde, Val, and play both. Also, we're going Horde in release.

Meh, pre-ban, I had stayed in Undead Wanderers for a long, long time. No one ever got on :p I saw maybe one person in months.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Valael wrote:
Eightball wrote:A bunch of us have toons on both Alliance and Horde, Val, and play both. Also, we're going Horde in release.

Meh, pre-ban, I had stayed in Undead Wanderers for a long, long time. No one ever got on :p I saw maybe one person in months.
You got banned?
obb

Post by obb »

I think the ban was a long story involving don't trust friends with beta keys or something like that.

Finally playing again on Test 19.
tcweidner

Post by tcweidner »

hope to see you guys next week. real close now..
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I may be silly enough to get involved. If I do I am sure I will post here. I am hoping to hang at someone's place and watch them play before I get involved though.

I want to see how WoW settles in before I drop the cash. If it turns out to be a new face on the same old MMORPG then I'll probably give it a pass. But I still hold out some hope.

I enjoyed my month long stay as a Wanderer in DAoC even it seemed there was a bit of a political struggle at the beginning. I am still trying to see if the MMORG that I can find a lasting enjoyment out of rather than just playing as a leveling zombie or paying for an expensive chat client. I figure I can do DII for the former and IRC for the later.

Here's to hoping that there really is a neat strategy and or role playing element to the game and that it develops nicely.