Dawn of War 1.1 patch OUT

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

SuperHiro

Dawn of War 1.1 patch OUT

Post by SuperHiro »

Hey all three (including myself) Dawn of War players!

Linkly Link
Maps

Valley of Khorne

• Critical Objectives have been moved to ensure each player has a point closer to their base. Center CO remains in same location.

Dead Man’s Crossing

• Removed cover from entrances to player's base from water.

Tainted Pair, Blood River

• 2 new 1v1 MP Maps

Mountain Trail, Tainted Place, Tainted Soul

• 3 new 2v2 MP Maps – Using the 2 1v1 maps as a base these maps provide variety on the same/similar terrain layouts.

Gameplay

F2 Tactic

• Squads that are being attacked by melee units now have their ranged weapon accuracy reduced to 1%. Modifier applies to all members of the squad being attacked, not just the members being hit.

Balance

Eldar

Seer Council

• Fixed Conceal ability so that it now only applies to individual members of the Seer Council.
• Reduced ranged attack.
• Increased power cost.

Farseer

• Fixed the Farseer health upgrade which was causing the Farseer’s health. regeneration rate to be decreased instead of increased.

Brightlance

• Introduced a 2 second setup time for the Brightlance.

Fire Prism

• Decreased how often Fire Prism’s can warp; they can now warp once every 90 seconds .

Ranger Squad

• Decreased reload time.
• Decreased attack power.
• Decreased morale damage.

Bonesinger

• Reduced attack by 25%.
• Reduced health regeneration rate by 50%.

Entanglement Ability

• Increased power cost from 20 to 60.
• Increased recharge rate from 120 seconds to 150.
• Increased research time from 45 seconds to 90 seconds.
• No longer works against Bloodthirster and Avatar.

Plasma Grenades

• Decreased number of grenades that were thrown; now only fires 1 at a time.
• Plasma grenade research is now reliant upon a Soul Shrine.

Bonesong Ability

• Temporarily been disabled due to exploit, will be re-enabled at a later date.

Ork

Slugga Boyz

• Big Shoota weapon, brought in line with Shoota Boyz’ Big Shoota.
• Slugga Boyz now benefit from the upgrade “More Choppy”.

Ork Boyz

• Slightly decreased Ork Boyz accuracy while moving.
• Decreased range at which Ork Boyz receive charge modifiers.

Space Marines

Assault Terminators

• Fixed a data error which caused Terminators to not benefit from health upgrades.

Chaos Marines

Chaos Sorcerer

• Chain of Torment spell now does 90 damage.

Taint Ability

• Now only heals in the 2nd tier but now applies to Chaos Commander units as well as infantry.

Frag Grenade

• Reduced frag grenades radius to 4 from 5.

Chaos Horrors

• Hit point upgrade now applies to Horrors.

Berserk Fury Ability

• Previously increased squad’s max weapon damage twice instead of buffing min and max damage independently. The result is pretty much the same but the variance is now reduced.

Crashes and Stability

• Fixed frequent crash in AI.
• Fixed frequent crash in loading saved games.
• Fixed bug in Korean build where in-game chat would not be displayed.
• Fixed bug in German and Korean builds where in-game options would not be set properly.
• Fixed bug that would cause unit statistic and ability modifiers to not be removed. properly. This addresses issues with broken Chaos units retaining negative accuracy, Big Mek Teleport ability not being removed, and a variety of other similar issues.
• Fixed name of post game states from Captured VO's to Captured CL's.
• Fixed refresh rate of "0" in Graphics Configuration tool.
• Fixed twitchy Repair bug.
• Fixed crash bug when selecting next research/add-on in mission 4 or 6 before the HQ is flown in.

Cheats

• Fixed multiplayer setup cheats option for multiplayer games. Cheats can now be enabled by whoever is setting up the game. Note that cheats cannot be enabled for Automatched games.
• Cheats are enabled in the single-player game, but are disabled by default.
• The cheats include:

• cheat_revealall - reveal all FOW
• cheat_killself - kill yourself
• cheat_power( n ) - give yourself "n" units of power
• cheat_requisition( n ) - give yourself "n" units of requisition

Art

• Fixed Aspiring Champion’s Power Fist upgrade.
• Fixed Cultist’s weapon upgrade.
• Fixed Eldar Grav Falcon so that it no long displays incorrect weapon in the Army Painter and icon.
• Fixed Killa Kan Rokkit upgrade.
• Fixed the Force Commander’s single player weapon during Bloodthirster sync kill
• Fixed Terminator flamer upgrade.
• Fixed Plasma Gun upgrade for the Imperial Guard.
• Fixed incorrect texture on the Raptor Aspiring Champion Power Fist.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES###
[/url]
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Man, Slugga Boyz weren't benefitting from More Choppy before!? That's nuts.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Warning! You should apply the 1.01 patch before applying the 1.10 patch. When I tried the 1.10 patch I got an error saying the patch was corrupt. But after installing the 1.01 patch and trying the new patch again everything worked out fine.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

That sounds more like a Heads Up than a Warning. :wink:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

rrmorton wrote:That sounds more like a Heads Up than a Warning. :wink:
Well, we live in dangerous times. Be vigilant, yet enjoy the game! :ninja:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I really have to start playing this game. I spent $50 on it and Rome: Total War the same day ($50 each) and have barely played Warhammer due to Rome.
GreenGoo

Superhiro, something in here for you

Post by GreenGoo »

Grabbed it before bed last night. It certainly looks interesting. Eldar got heavily nerfed (perhaps too much). Most of the changes are positive ones though. They even tweaked Rangers, but not enough to make them useful I fear.

There was a bug that prevented chaos from recovering from being broken sometimes. They appeared recovered but their stats stayed low. This is fixed apparently. Thank god. I won't have to watch my missile squad miss 20+ shots in a row while the enemy dread tears up my army.

Superhiro, this one's for you (and da Orkz). There was a quirk (in the game engine, not the data files, apparently) that prevented Orkz from gaining their morale modifiers for being in a big mob. A pre-patch work around was to reinforce your squads, then put them in a building. They only have to be in there for a sec, but after words, the game recognizes the actual squad size, instead of thinking there were only 4 Orkz per squad (for morale purposes). If you did this, with enough Orkz, they become IMMUNE to morale damage. Essentially, with enough Orkz close together, they eventually take no morale damage. They can be in a lot of little squads, or a couple of big ones. Either way, if they're close together...

I *think* the patch fixes the need to put them into a building first. I could be wrong though.

The 1% accuracy for being in F2 stance (stand and hold ground) while something engages you in melee is a HUGE gameplay change. Melee just become extremely important for ALL races. Expect tactics to change quite a bit, especially at the top levels of play.

All in all, a great first step towards a more closely balanced game.
warning

Post by warning »

rrmorton wrote:That sounds more like a Heads Up than a Warning. :wink:
I can say with certainty that it is no warning.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just tested the ork morale thing in a skirmish. Not fixed yet :(

But try this, build a buncha orkz. A couple of big squads or lotsa little ones. Make sure each squad enters a building at some point. Then send them en masse. Pay attention to their morale bars. Pretty cool eh?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

siljanus wrote:Warning! You should apply the 1.01 patch before applying the 1.10 patch. When I tried the 1.10 patch I got an error saying the patch was corrupt. But after installing the 1.01 patch and trying the new patch again everything worked out fine.
I don't know about anyone else but it's been aggravating as hell trying to find the 1.01 patch. Anyone know an easy link to a nice location that's actually going to let me download the file?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Did they add a SP game? :)

Grifman
leo8877

Post by leo8877 »

Kelric wrote:
siljanus wrote:Warning! You should apply the 1.01 patch before applying the 1.10 patch. When I tried the 1.10 patch I got an error saying the patch was corrupt. But after installing the 1.01 patch and trying the new patch again everything worked out fine.
I don't know about anyone else but it's been aggravating as hell trying to find the 1.01 patch. Anyone know an easy link to a nice location that's actually going to let me download the file?
Yes, connect to the online portion of the game and you will download the patch automatically.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Well that works. Thanks. :D
SuperHiro

Re: Superhiro, something in here for you

Post by SuperHiro »

GreenGoo wrote: Superhiro, this one's for you (and da Orkz). There was a quirk (in the game engine, not the data files, apparently) that prevented Orkz from gaining their morale modifiers for being in a big mob. A pre-patch work around was to reinforce your squads, then put them in a building. They only have to be in there for a sec, but after words, the game recognizes the actual squad size, instead of thinking there were only 4 Orkz per squad (for morale purposes). If you did this, with enough Orkz, they become IMMUNE to morale damage. Essentially, with enough Orkz close together, they eventually take no morale damage. They can be in a lot of little squads, or a couple of big ones. Either way, if they're close together...
FUCK YEAH.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Kelric, funny you mention that. I bought Dawn of War and Rome: Total War on their respective release dates. Been playing the heck out of DoW and Rome's barely been touched.

So you still have to make the units enter buildings before they get the morale boost? That's a pisser. At least they fixed the choppy damage.

I've checked out a few of the new maps - they're a mixed bag. Bloody River is a 1 vs 1 map and I think it's one of the best in the game. A couple of the new 2 vs. 2's, however, have so many resource spots that the game turns into a big unit spazzfest as you try to pump out as much as you can. I finished a game on that map with over 8,000 requisition on-hand.

This is a huge patch. I get the feeling we've just scratched the surface of the quirks and things that need to be fixed, but at least it's not Battlefield (1942 OR Vietnam).