Just wanted to give my thanks for the Kohan recommendation.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Eel Snave

Just wanted to give my thanks for the Kohan recommendation.

Post by Eel Snave »

People might have missed the thread in PC Games where I asked what game I should play next. I got some responses saying "Kohan," so I did.

Thank you so much.

This game has grabbed in a way in which few games have in a long time. I'm constantly thinking about the mission I'm on and how I can finish it, and I explore the ENTIRE map on each mission, just to see what there is (like a young dragon! Sweet!). It's so great.

I'm going to have to hunt down Ahriman's Gift, methinks.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This Kohan I or Kohan II? I almost picked up a copy of Kohan II this past weekend, but I developed the catapult just in time to deliver true vengeance on the Egyptians. Break a trade treaty with a sneak attack, and suffer the consequences.

Three of my generals now have the traits "mad" or "bloody." In order to remove them from my family gene pool, I have been forced to attack with reckless disregard for these general's lives.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Grab Kohan II if your computer can handle it.

I actually like it better than the orginals.

*runs from the KAG vets*
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

My computer can't handle it, I think.

Kohan 1 is GREAT, though. It's something entirely different from what I'm used to.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Eel Snave wrote:My computer can't handle it, I think.

Kohan 1 is GREAT, though. It's something entirely different from what I'm used to.
You might be surprised how forgiving Kohan II is. You can dip below minimum specs and still play the game. My desktop runs it well but I can play it on a laptop with a 32mb graphics chip when I travel. I lose a lot of the bells and whistles but it still looks good.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Tareeq wrote:
Eel Snave wrote:My computer can't handle it, I think.

You might be surprised how forgiving Kohan II is. You can dip below minimum specs and still play the game. My desktop runs it well but I can play it on a laptop with a 32mb graphics chip when I travel. I lose a lot of the bells and whistles but it still looks good.
What resolution are you running it at? I have a 64MB video card and I get slide shows if more than a couple companies are duking it out at the same time (at 1024x768). And that just in a 1vs1 skirmish. If I drop the resolution to 800x600 everything seems so damn big and it throws me off a bit.
Black Lives Matter
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

You're welcome. Maybe when you're done, you can swap it with The Meal for Ahriman's Gift so you both can enjoy the entirety of the gaming goodness that is both games.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

1024 x 768 on the laptop, but I turn off effects and use medium detail.