Bloodlines next week!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Two Sheds

Bloodlines next week!

Post by Two Sheds »

Spotted this on Blue's:
Santa Monica, CA - November 9, 2004 - The bloodletting begins on November 16, 2004 with the shipping of Activision, Inc.?s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Vampire®: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines? for the PC.

An all-new RPG adventure, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is filled with rich character development, an intriguing storyline set in White Wolf?s World of Darkness®, and mind-blowing graphics powered by Source - Valve's next generation engine technology. It will take a vicious array of vampire disciplines and a healthy penchant for blood, for players to survive the dark and gritty undying world of modern day L.A. Selecting from one of seven clans, gamers will interact with other characters, decide with whom to ally themselves, and watch as darkness takes over their soul while a mysterious plot unfolds.
For those who don't know, that's the same day as Half Life 2. Damn it!
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Cool! But I will wait to make sure there's no crippling TOEE bugs.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Orpheo wrote:Cool! But I will wait to make sure there's no crippling TOEE bugs.
They've had over a year to fix that crap. From what I understand, the only reason it's not out is because by contractual use of the engine, they couldn't come out before Half Life 2.

If this game has bugs...there's no hope for them. :)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

I saw it at GoGamer for $39.90. With its new shipping fee ($1.99), it would be quite a sweet deal, I think.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Great news!

Grifman
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

This doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I am amped about Half Life 2.

HAH!!!! NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!!!! :P
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

I spent the most money that I have ever spent on a game on HL2. 79.99! Wow!
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
knob

Post by knob »

You know it's going to suck.

But just because of all of the fanboys here, I'm going to buy it. Fucking OOFE.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
none

Post by none »

bluefugue wrote:This doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I am amped about Half Life 2.

HAH!!!! NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!!!! :P
LOL!!!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Nosferatu male with a higher education with a emphesis on sneaking/lockpicking/hacking. Already got my character picked out 8)
Vesper

Post by Vesper »

Troika had 8 months to fix bugs on Arcanum, and sat on it and did nothing. I have no faith that they did anything with their bonus time on Vampire.

I HOPE it's good, because I'm a big fan of the setting. Thankfully with this coming out the same day as HL2, I'll be playing HL2 for a week or two and hopefully by then there'll be feedback on its buggy/non-buggy status.
Dhruin

Post by Dhruin »

The bonus time is fictitious in my opinion; there's no way the game was finished last year. As for Arcanum, it was Sierra that QA'd and then sat on it for localisation...I don't think Troika realised some of the issues until they had feedback from the public when it was finally released.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Did they even do a gold announcement? God, 100 bucks in one shot.... thank god it's getting cold out :D
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

CeeKay wrote: God, 100 bucks in one shot....
Just like going to a hooker! :wink:
Head

Post by Head »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
CeeKay wrote: God, 100 bucks in one shot....
Just like going to a hooker! :wink:
Hookers are a hundred bucks? Geeeez! Guess I need 2 piggy banks.
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

I'm pretty amped about this one. I'm not really all that crazy about White Wolf games in the PnP way... nor am I fascinated by vampires... but they seem like a suprisingly great system for a CRPG. Mechanics are simple (more dots=better), and White Wolf's strength is weaving a complex mythos with lots of history/back story... viola, great CRPG.

Hopefully.

But this is probably gonna be a day 1 purchase for me.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'm hopeful that the Vampire game will use the facial animation in the HL2 engine to its full effect. And I've been dying for a good CRPG.

I agree with Mr. Sparkle, I could never get that excited about the uber-role play in the PnP White Wolf games. Had a great PnP group, but I just wanted to throw down and hack up some stuff. But on the PC, the story element hopefully will make the combat meaningful.

I'm glad that I still have 8 days of vacation left this year.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I dunno. I so desperately wanted to love Arcanum ... and I do, sort of. And I desperately wanted to like TOEE and it was ok, sort of. I just can't work up any desperation about the vampires. <shrug> Bargain bin and wait for the patch is my opinion.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Meghan wrote:I dunno. I so desperately wanted to love Arcanum ... and I do, sort of. And I desperately wanted to like TOEE and it was ok, sort of. I just can't work up any desperation about the vampires. <shrug> Bargain bin and wait for the patch is my opinion.
Have you watched the game play movies? I'm pulling for these guys. I think it's going to be a winner.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Dhruin wrote:The bonus time is fictitious in my opinion; there's no way the game was finished last year. As for Arcanum, it was Sierra that QA'd and then sat on it for localisation...I don't think Troika realised some of the issues until they had feedback from the public when it was finally released.
With Arcanum, the pirates tested the game for months before the actual release and they even gave Troika some feedback.:) Troika insisted the warez copy was not the final version at the time but then months later Sierra released the exact same version. If Troika used the months between the warez leak to the actual release date to fix it, Sierra probably didn't have to release the same buggy version.
JayG

Post by JayG »

I never had that many problems with Arcanum. Fallout was a far buggier game for me, continuiously crashing at the boxing section. It's a pity that so many great games are being released simultaniously, as I've been dieing for a decent game to play in the last few months. HL2 and Bloodlines are getting my money, which means that Everquest 2, Pirates, Battle of Middle Earth and Pro Evolution 4 will have to wait until next year. (Or hopefully X-Mas)
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Smoove, I've seen one of the preview movies and read a few of the previews but I suffer from a congentital disability that prevents me from swallowing preview material. I just can't keep the stuff down.

I hope like heck I'm wrong though. I'd much rather have a killer new game than have my pessimism reinforced.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Jow

Post by Jow »

Now's not a great time to be a developer. So many games coming out at once, with only a few of them being huge name, huge marketing glitzballs that are going to sell in the multimillions while the rest just sort of languish.