WoW Open Beta: We should gather in ONE server

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ranulf wrote:They're now saying they've had 500k signups for the beta, wonder how many they let in?
I assume they let them all in, because they eventually stopped taking testers. There was no application process, you just got to create an account or you didn't.

That's a lot of money when it hits retail. I expect the retail numbers to be in the general range of 500k. Amazing cash.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Just check the server loads on all three zones of the country. Most are at medium or high, and this is just the open beta. Judging by the performance and lag problems I've seen while playing since they opened things wide, they've got some issues.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Jow wrote:Just check the server loads on all three zones of the country. Most are at medium or high, and this is just the open beta. Judging by the performance and lag problems I've seen while playing since they opened things wide, they've got some issues.
Yeah, its best late at night and even then there are lag issues for item looting still around.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I haven't been able to get past the intro screen the entire day. I hope they get their act together for retail.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I haven't been able to get on Test 11 all day, but I did play on Test 20 for several hours.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I played a little bit this morning, but ever since it won't get past "Authenticating..." for me.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Spoke too soon. I can't get on now either.

===================
Edit:

Sigh. I'm stuck at "retrieving character list". This is kinda frustrating. Plus, I'm using up "at the computer" points with my wife, who doesn't care that I'm bored and not playing games, only that I'm away from her and at the computer.

Damn you Blizzard, I want my "at the computer" points back!
Ibby

Post by Ibby »

GreenGoo wrote:
Damn you Blizzard, I want my "at the computer" points back!
I understand completely. My son has gone to bed a few hours early the past 2 nights, and I've not gotten one minute of extra WoW play time out of it. Curses!