Dawn of War mod tools and map editor released!!!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Orpheo

Dawn of War mod tools and map editor released!!!

Post by Orpheo »

Relic News says:
Please note that the tools are in a somewhat beta state, meaning that there still may be a few rough edges. But, by using the tool documentation available at http://www.relic.com/rdn/wiki we feel confident modders should be able to create a wide range of content for Dawn of War.

We’ve also included some sample content, to make your lives easier. This content should allow you to work through some of the tutorials we’ve included in the documentation, and will also serve as examples to those more tech-savvy modders (and we know you’re out there! ) who want to work their magic.

There is a new section in the Relic Developer Network, devoted to modding Dawn of War. You’ll need to create a login to access the RDN, and you’ll need to register if you want to edit the Wiki…but not to read it. We thought that since modding is such a community effort, you might like the ability to actually add to the existing documentation.

Please make sure that you take the time to read the extensive Release Notes section of the Wiki, covering all the little quirks of the tools. Familiarizing yourself with some of these limitations and workarounds will probably save you lots of headaches down the road!

You can grab the tools off of Gamespot, Fileplanet or Fileshack. We’ll update that list as more mirrors become available.

Please note that you will need to have the 1.1 version of the game for the tools to install.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Sweeeeeeeeeet! Time to start working on some more good 1 vs 1 maps. Thanks for the info.
knob

Post by knob »

How is DOW holding up now? It's been a couple months, hasn't it?
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Great news! Hopefully some enterprising modders can come up with some more single-player campaigns.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Valael wrote:How is DOW holding up now? It's been a couple months, hasn't it?
It's doing decent. The online lobby isn't as slick as battle.net... but what is? The balance between the races is pretty solid, with only a few minor bugs remaining. Relic just issued their first balance patch, so that's a good sign at least.
durwoodx

Post by durwoodx »

We have a group of us in #gg that have been playing consistently since release. The ONLY real gripe we've had has been the puny number of MP maps.

HOORAY AND HUZZAH!
Gaming Addict and Proud!!!
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

durwoodx wrote:
We have a group of us in #gg that have been playing consistently since release. The ONLY real gripe we've had has been the puny number of MP maps.

HOORAY AND HUZZAH!
hmmm... I think it's about time I showed up there and said hello. I've been aching for some DoW mp play.
Jow

Post by Jow »

It is indeed. :) Hope to see ya there soon.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holy...Only good things can come of this.

Unfortunately I just sold my soul to WoW.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that you can do much with the sound/music files as they're in an odd format (.fda). Bleeeeeeeah.