EQ2 Character VANISHING

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

msduncan

EQ2 Character VANISHING

Post by msduncan »

Went to log on tonight -- my level 9 character was GONE.

I checked the boards -- LOTS of others are in the same boat. Some crashed before it went missing.... others like me were there when the server went down last night and now it's gone. Some just logged out and then tried to log back in today and -- POOF. GONE.

This has me wanting to destroy my computer and burn down my house right about now. I'm so enraged that I can't think straight. This is the one error that should NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN on an online game. If they can't fix this.... then this game immediately goes to heaping pile of shit status for me and goes back to the store where I will chew the manager until he lets me have my money back just to stop me from making a scene.

Can you tell I'm pissed? FIX IT NOW.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Characters will show up gone when the servers go down/crash. Usually take an hour to reboot. Sure that wasn't the case?

Now I see why you had the "I am OUTRAGED" caption!

EDIT: just re-read your post man, that sucks that they were gone today after the crash from last night.
*runs off to check his characters*
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Yep.

That's what happened. The server just still registered as UP for like 30 or so minutes before it toggled to DOWN.

I'm slightly less violent now.

;)