RCT2
No votes
RCT3
57%

Total votes: 7

CSL

Rollercoast Tycoon Series

Post by CSL »

Well since Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 got released a little while ago and most of us have gotten a good view of how it is I thought a poll was in order. What exactly do you think was the best RCT title?

I'd have to say the original with expansions. It has everything you need, the graphics are still passable five years later and it still remains a pile of fun. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 was a carbon copy rip off and really did nothing to improve the game. (Glorified expansion pack).

RCT3 i've sunk maybe three hours into. So far its been fun, seems to carry the torch high but apparent bugs seem to stop it from reaching its full potential. Frontier put out a great game, but buggy (is it Atari making them rush it?). Once it's fixed up it may be better then the original.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Despite the bugs, this one (RCT3) is the best by far.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I lost weeks of my life to RCT1. On the other hand, I haven't gotten sucked into a game in a while the way I have with RCT3. I like it enough that I could ignore the bugs and gleefully cackle my way through the levels. Yes, it needs some serious patching - the beta patch needs to be polished off, then one more patch - but even now it is a blast. I can only imagine what it'll be like once those bugs have been swatted.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)