Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jpinard

When's the patch for Sims 2 due?

Post by jpinard »

Just curious...
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

latest thing I've seen is this, from 11/10 -
Just wanted to let folks know that we are still working hard on the patch. It will be out soon. I'll post here as news becomes available.

Thanks again,
MaxoidKane
I love Sims 2 all to pieces myself. I though the first one was interesting but #2 is exponentially better. I haven't been hit with any bugs that I've noticed except the thinking cap/ smart milk one.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Spike

Post by Spike »

Meghan wrote:I love Sims 2 all to pieces myself. I though the first one was interesting but #2 is exponentially better. I haven't been hit with any bugs that I've noticed except the thinking cap/ smart milk one.
What's that, then?

Only one I've seen was managing to get my single mum stuck by the crib: baby on the floor but she wouldn't pick it up. Had to move her out of the house and back in (costing much money) to clear that one and effectively start from scratch.

Does not being abducted by aliens despite spending years in front of a telescope count as a bug? :wink:
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

The Alien thing is purely random. I haven't had anyone abducted either but I haven't been trying much.

The bug I mentioned is that sometimes, if you give your toddler smart milk, and then wear the thinking cap while trying to teach them something, the toddler's skills won't advance. Just take the cap off and teach them while they're under the influence of smartmilk and they'll learn fast enough.

mathfed

Post by mathfed »

You guys haven't encountered the "jumping" bug yet? That bug eventually made me put the game away until the patch comes out. It is VERY aggravating. If you keep the same sim for a while, and keep using elixir of youth on them so they don't get old, eventually they have too many memories. After that happens, whenever that sim tries to interact with another sim (talk, woo hoo, chat on the phone, etc), they get kicked out of the interaction. They literally get kicked out. Your sim could be sitting at the table eating dinner, and the instant they start to talk to another sim they get kicked from the table and appear standing next to it. This happens in the beds too. If this sim goes to relax with another sim on the bed, they immediately get kicked out, and both sims instantly appear standing next to the bed.

There are also several nanny bugs. I hired a nanny, and had her track my schedule. She didn't show up when my sim had to go to work, though. So, my sim "Just couldn't bear to leave the little ones", and stayed home. I called the nanny to fire her and re-hire her again in case that was a problem. The bug was still there. So, one of my sims can't go to work and can't interact with anyone. The game is basically broken for me until the patch comes out.
Sonofa!
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Interesting. No I haven't encountered either bug. I turned aging off when I wanted more time with my sims and then just turned it on again when I was ready to move on. I use the elixer a bit if I want to postpone elderhood a few days but otherwise it's easier just to type aging off. Of course, I don't want my Sims to live for ever.

The Nanny worked ok for me too - she was a litte flakey but I had enough adults around who took care of the kid most of the time. I tipped My Nanny regularly and she showed up regularly. :D

Really, the game's been essentially trouble free for me.

moss_icon

Post by moss_icon »

i had a guy get stuck in a car and die because of a bad combination of getting fired from his job, someone coming from work, and someone leaving for work all at the same time. that was a bit annoying. (i eventually found the 'move objects' cheat but i accidentally saved my go before using it :oops: )
moth moth moth brown moth
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Soon, they say. Link

Spike

Post by Spike »

The Alien thing is apparently a 5% chance augmented by telescope use between 7pm and 2am. Or something.
mathfed wrote:There are also several nanny bugs. I hired a nanny, and had her track my schedule. She didn't show up when my sim had to go to work, though. So, my sim "Just couldn't bear to leave the little ones", and stayed home. I called the nanny to fire her and re-hire her again in case that was a problem. The bug was still there. So, one of my sims can't go to work and can't interact with anyone. The game is basically broken for me until the patch comes out.
I had one do that. I just called and asked for one to come over 'just for now'. Two turned up. It happened again a bit later and I spotted the real nanny stuck over on the wrong side of the street - something to do with too many cars arriving at once, maybe. You should be able to make do with the 'just for now' nanny, especially since the one I hired like that stayed permanently - she wouldn't go home until I told her to go away or the kid(s) grew up.

Heard news the other day of the first expansion pack already being planned for release: university life. Oh dear.
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh