Halo 2 released! If you're a pirate that is...

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

warning

Halo 2 released! If you're a pirate that is...

Post by warning »

From GameSpot:
Pirates release Halo 2

Microsoft's biggest Xbox release for 2004 has been leaked onto the Internet.
Late last night, 27 days before its officially scheduled retail release, an allegedly complete version of Microsoft's upcoming first-person shooter, Halo 2, was leaked onto the Internet. The pirated release, said to be a PAL version of the game with French-language dialogue, is currently making its way around various Usenet newsgroups and peer-to-peer networks.

There has been no word on where, or how the game originally surfaced at this time. It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per infringement for copyright violations.

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9. We'll have more on this story as it develops.
That sucks. Soon they will start installing Starforce on console games.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

yargh... may they all get scurvy and syphilis of the mouth.

Maybe we'll see an early release of the game, or maybe all those pirates playing on Live! will get their IP's traced and end up being keelhauled after they are dragged out of their mommas basements!
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

I thought I read that they couldn't play on Live?
Yet another shameless plug..for something
adumir

Post by adumir »

Boooo!

Jeez - it's only 50 bucks for what promises to be a great game. Throw some papers or something, DJ Jazzy Trevor.
Christopher
Resident Kieslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more merlot..."
Thin_J

Post by Thin_J »

From what I understand the only to play the pirated game is with a modded xbox, and since modded xbox's get banned from Live very quickly I'd say they won't be doing much of anything with Live.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Meanwhile, it's confirmed that Microsoft has already unleashed the sniffer dogs and is tracking down wrong-doers, Bungie saying that the Washington, Redmond giant is "currently engaged in a full scale investigation and to those foolish enough to partake in this piracy, you will soon witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station."

:lol:
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
JayG

Post by JayG »

Pathetic. A overly hyped game with 1 million pre-orders has a leaked FRENCH version that can only be played on modded XBoxes, and we have all this BOO HOO, poor Microsoft. The game will still sell in the millions, so don't shed too many tears. If only the same concern was shown to the small companys who could go out of buisness as a result of piracy. The idiots who are playing this wouldn't have brought the game anyway.

(I'm not railing at the forum, just all the mainstream media who is making such a big issue of something that is really minor. When I think of the great games that never sold, this really annoys me)