If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

SirReal
Technical Admin

Half-Life 2 *November 16th*

Post by SirReal »

Yummy....

"Half-Life 2 is now being pre-loaded onto your computer"

(See my new post at the end for VU press release)
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

If you stare at the locked files long enough you can see a sailboat.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

CeeKay wrote:If you stare at the locked files long enough you can see a sailboat.
I hope they won't charge me extra for the boat, then.
*goes off to stare*

:shock:
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

It will never come out. EVAR!!!11!1!
Jow

Post by Jow »

This is entering Duke Nukem Forever-Land... Does anyone REALLY care anymore?
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

Jow wrote:This is entering Duke Nukem Forever-Land... Does anyone REALLY care anymore?
After reading the PC Gamer review, you bet I do! :D
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Jow wrote:This is entering Duke Nukem Forever-Land...
DNF has been in development for what? 7 years? 8? Half Life 2 is so far about a year delayed.
Does anyone REALLY care anymore?
Does anyone care about a new FPS from the makers of one of the greatest computer games of all time, a game which advance reviews are indicating will be extremely good?

I'd say a few of us do.

In between being cool and jaded and "not caring," and being a slavering fanboy endlessly scouring the 'net for release info, there is a happy medium. It's called, looking forward to the game and wanting to play it when it comes out.
Vidiot

Post by Vidiot »

I hope it comes out soon, but for now CS:S will have to be enough for me.
Al

Post by Al »

It kills me to know that there's a full retail version of HL2 on my hard drive.
Vesper

Post by Vesper »

I am VERY much looking forward to Half Life 2. I bought the Silver package on Steam the other day, and just running the Video Stress Test makes me giddy. I think the engine looks way better than Doom 3 (especially the mirror-surfaces, stained glass, etc that the test shows.)
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I've always said that what I've seen from HL2 looked WAY better than Doom3, and there was going to be far more game from HL2 anyway, so it would be delivering on both fronts far better than Doom3.

Anyway, that's my take on it.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
knob

Post by knob »

Eel Snave wrote:I've always said that what I've seen from HL2 looked WAY better than Doom3, and there was going to be far more game from HL2 anyway, so it would be delivering on both fronts far better than Doom3.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

You don't know that for sure. It could turn out to be another CoD or MP with less than 10 hours of play.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

The PC gamer review, though, said about 18, easily stretching to 20.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
knob

Post by knob »

Yeah, well, I haven't read it =p

So if you know where I can view a scan, I'd really appreciate it if you emailed me.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

RashG

Post by RashG »

No, not officially at least.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

RashG wrote:No, not officially at least.
Argh, you're right...
I guess there's a PR war going on between Valve and VU, with Valve trying to pitch the public into a fever frenzy that VU won't be able to withstand.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, rumors may say that the pinata has broken, but it isn't quite out yet. Moving the thread to Road to... er... Unreleased Gol... I mean that forum for games like this.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
knob

Post by knob »

I'm almost expecting to see a Gone Gold announcement today. But through out the years, I've learned that whenever I'm optimistic about something, it never works out. So because of that, I know it's going to get delayed for a few months to a year.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

“Half-Life 2 has surpassed our expectations in every sense – its high-quality graphics, ground-breaking physics and immersive first-person shooter gameplay set a new standard for PC action games,” said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games. “Half-Life 2 will go down as one of the best-selling PC titles, and we are thrilled to deliver this ground-breaking title to the worldwide gaming community this fall.”

Hailed as “...the best game ever made” by PC Gamer, Half-Life 2 earned a top-rated review score of 98, the highest score bestowed by the magazine in more than six years. The game has received numerous accolades for its technical excellence, captivating story and addictive game play, including more than 10 awards and nominations at the 2004 Electronic Entertainment Expo. In addition to being named “Best PC Game” by 1up.com (Ziff Davis) and Gamespy.com, the title also received a “Technological Excellence on PC” award from IGN.com. CNNMoney.com stated that “Half-Life 2 will redefine what gamers expect from their games visually – and the gameplay is a lot of fun as well.”

The global anticipation for Half-Life 2 has reached unprecedented heights, as consumers around the world mark their calendars to buy the game at retail on November 16th. The Half-Life 2 product will include Counter-Strike: Source. VU Games will also release a Half Life 2 Collector’s Edition that will include Half-Life 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 Prima strategy guide book.

The original Half-Life game was launched in 1998 under VU Games’ Sierra Entertainment publishing label. It earned more than 50 game-of-the-year awards and has been heralded as one of the best PC first-person shooter games of all-time.