Steam forums down....admin confirmed update being sent out

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Greggy_D

Steam forums down....admin confirmed update being sent out

Post by Greggy_D »

Right before they shut the Steam forums down, Matt (the admin) confirmed that there was some sort of update being sent out. The people on the forums were going apeshit and overloaded the forum.

Could it be the final preload and unlock?

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/
Incendiary Lemon

Post by Incendiary Lemon »

sadly not

(or at least its not unlocked as of 6:56 EST)
warning

Post by warning »

The forums couldn't handle the excitement and are taking a little breather. See www.steampowered.com for news. Thanks!
Very interesting....
Vidiot

Post by Vidiot »

New news post looks like VU keeps saying that no one is selling the game (or they are breaking the rules to do so) and won't let valve turn on hl2.

I don't really get this, as the people getting really screwed by this would be the people buying the game from VU not valve. Everyone who got it on steam didn't expect it till monday night anyways.
disarm

Post by disarm »

i wouldn't be surprised if they at least released an update to Steam that would explain the situation to those people trying to play early. in fact, i think it's something they should really consider doing if they're not going to unlock the game until tuesday...
Al

I can leave this blank! You're not the boss of me!

Post by Al »

The update has been posted.
Valve wrote:If you have purchased a copy of Half-Life 2, we are sorry you are still waiting to play. This is not Valve's choice. Vivendi is insisting that the game has not yet been released, and has threatened that Valve would be in violation of its contract if we activate the Half-Life 2 Steam authentication servers at this time.

Thanks for your patience and we will update you when we have more news to share.
MeSlayer

Re: I can leave this blank! You're not the boss of me!

Post by MeSlayer »

Al wrote:The update has been posted.
Valve wrote:If you have purchased a copy of Half-Life 2, we are sorry you are still waiting to play. This is not Valve's choice. Vivendi is insisting that the game has not yet been released, and has threatened that Valve would be in violation of its contract if we activate the Half-Life 2 Steam authentication servers at this time.

Thanks for your patience and we will update you when we have more news to share.
interesting

does that mean, I assume, that no advance reviews will be available

I think I would be very annoyed if I had a 50$ paper weight

Authentication to play single player - : /
Hello this is a signature.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Well, since PCGamer has already published an advance review, I'd say that there are review copies going to the big guns at least. Or perhaps the reviewers went to Valve, I don't know.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The reviewers were invited over to Valve to play.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Huh, when I asked to come over, they said that their mom was making them clean their room and they couldn't play. Liars.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg