HL2 - now available on steam?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tals

HL2 - now available on steam?

Post by tals »

I'm hearing reports that its been enabled, anyone able to confirm?

Tals
disarm

Post by disarm »

as far as i know, it's still not playable...and i haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise (although i haven't been following that closely).
naednek

Post by naednek »

nope
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Mine's still locked, and damn you for getting my hopes up! :evil: :wink:
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Still locked. After VU's blind insistence that it's still unreleased, I wouldn't hold much hope for a pre-Tuesday unlocking at this point.

I've taken the opportunity to play through HL1 again. :)
tals

Post by tals »

thx guys, that was my thought - i've not preordered yet so it still was showing in the not available yet...but it did make me wonder. If it had been available tonight i'd have bought it. Won't now buy till the weekend I think as EQ 2 is coming for Tuesday.

Then again i'm sure the ole forum magic will start having its effect :)

Tals
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Zaxxon wrote:Still locked. After VU's blind insistence that it's still unreleased, I wouldn't hold much hope for a pre-Tuesday unlocking at this point.

I've taken the opportunity to play through HL1 again. :)
I'm replaying some of Opposing Force as part of the back catalog on steam, just for kicks.

I never liked OpFor as much as HL1 but I did like it. It seems pretty weak atm though. Annoying jumping puzzles and tedious monster placement along the lines of "oh look! another Alien Slave spawns right in front of you! Oh look! Here's another headcrab falling out of the ceiling!"

HL1 had its share of those tricks too. I love the game to death but maybe I have finally gotten sick of 1998-era shooter design conventions.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

bluefugue wrote:I never liked OpFor as much as HL1 but I did like it. It seems pretty weak atm though. Annoying jumping puzzles and tedious monster placement along the lines of "oh look! another Alien Slave spawns right in front of you! Oh look! Here's another headcrab falling out of the ceiling!"
Yeah, just like Doom 3; darn those 1998 conventions.
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

LOL.....too true.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Heheh, don't even get me started on Doom 3.

From the previews and videos, it seems that they've taken some of the good elements from Opposing Force and put them in HL2 proper, such as having a squad of helpful AI companions at points. Before, all you could hope for was a Barney and a Scientist. Now you have resistance fighters, and from a screenshot I think they have resistance medics.