Enough with HL2, any Vampire Bloodlines news?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Turtle

Enough with HL2, any Vampire Bloodlines news?

Post by Turtle »

My local store says it'll be in on Wednesday. Which means they're not planning to drop ship it the same day as HL2.

Anyone here know a store that'll be selling it on the 16th?
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Ouch! Same day as Half-Life 2? I know they've been sitting on it for a while, but you'd think they might want to wait a little longer for sales purposes. When both games are sitting on the shelves side by side it's a no brainer which one will get picked up first and with HL2's pricing, I doubt many people will put forward the cash for both.

On the bright side, by the time my wallet and I recover from HL2, Bloodlines should have come down and price and any possible patches should already be out.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Remember TOEE...
Fellow

Post by Fellow »

I'm sure everyone does. Including Troika.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Remember Atari's 18 month dev schedule for a full fledged RPG... Remember Atari making Troika gut many interesting mature aspects of the game a few months before release...

;)

I remember ToEE alright, just not in the way you did.
noun

Post by noun »

Orpheo wrote:Remember TOEE...
and Arcanum. Design issues aside, which people either loved or hated, both games were buggy as hell for MONTHS after they were released.

I'm interested in a good Vampire RPG as well, but with Troika's track record to date, this is most definitely a "wait a very damn long time and see" title for me.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I`d agree except it was prett much ready to ship 8 months ago. Since them they have pretty much optimised and bug fixed.

Personally i take each game on its own merits, having read all the uk reviews of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and no mention of bugs anywhere yet the forums scream buggy i find using the forums for the games means give it a week or so and you will have your answers.

I for 1 only play most games once regardless of how good, so after 20 odd hours of HL2 i will need something else to play and i hope Bloodlines will be it.
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

I'm really looking forward to Bloodlines.

Gamestop, where I ordered it, still lists today as the ship date... don't know if that stuck or not, but I'll find out tomorrow. It's listed as Processing right now, which usually means it has shipped....
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Im waiting for the (oddly absent) reviews. But thats not to say I dont have the cash already reserved for it.
I <3 :ninja:
Fellow

Post by Fellow »

From what I've read, the first reviews will be posted on Nov 17th, because as with the game itself, the reviews have to wait until HL2's have been released. Don't ask me why, because I've no clue over it.

On the other hand, what I just posted could be just plain old wrong, so umm... Yeah.
Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

In order to use the new HL2 engine, Troika had to sign some crap that they couldnt do anything OTHER than advertise their game AFTER HL2 is released. So they can't review/demo/anything until HL2 is released, even though their game has been done for almost half a year.

Which hopefully means its gotten alot of polish.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

Wow....

Damn thing needs to get here wit' a quickness :lol:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Ordered mine from Gamestop.com on Monday. Missed the gogamer $39.90 sale so I went with the gamestop free 3-day and t-shirt deal. Only problem is I'll probably get it after the weekend. Boohoo.

Looking forward to it plenty already so I'm going to pass on any reviews for now. I can't avoid getting HL2 eventually, but right now I want Bloodlines!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
warning

Post by warning »

It is amusing that ConsoleGold publishes the first review of a PC only game.

pwn3d!
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

No multiplayer right?

Man that sucks.