BG2: Keto NPC Released

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jcompton

BG2: Keto NPC Released

Post by jcompton »

Keto, one of the chattiest bards in the Realms, is now available at http://www.pocketplane.net/keto .

An ambitious project launched two and a half years ago by Dungeon-Be-Gone creator Victoria Joyner (Blue, the Immortal Bard), Keto brings a little bit of wine, a little bit of mystery, and a lot of storytelling to your Baldur's Gate 2 experience. A young woman out on her own, looking to make a basically honest living as a minstrel, but spending most of her time skirting the front door of every dungeon in Amn. Keto needs a spark to fully develop her potential both as a bard and as an adventurer.

With thousands of lines of dialogue, nearly 100 banters, a unique bard quest and over 400 voiced lines from several performers, Keto represents a breath of fresh air for the expansive Bhaalspawn saga!

Keto may be downloaded from the mirrors listed at Pocket Plane Group, http://www.pocketplane.net/keto . A Keto forum for comments and technical support is available at http://forums.pocketplane.net .

Version 1 includes content for Shadows of Amn. Throne of Bhaal users are supported, but content for the TOB portion of the game will be coming in a future release.
The Broken Hourglass, a new CRPG in development at Planewalker Games.
Boxcar

Post by Boxcar »

Cool! Now I've got another reason to reinstall BG2; I've never played through any of the BG games with a bard in the party.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I hate Jasper's voice. Bleh.

Okay, just kidding. Read through the readme. Sounds like a lot of fun. A mod for me to consider for the future...

Good luck, Jason!

~Neal
jcompton

Post by jcompton »

The Meal wrote:I hate Jasper's voice. Bleh.
Yes, it's not saying much that of the characters I've voiced for BG2 mods, he's the most adored. :) (except for those people who enjoy making Kelsey cry, that is.) Although he only appears in one section...

But, really, it's all about the Keto.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Interesting. 2 years. Gives me greater appreciation for what goes into designing a game.
jcompton

Post by jcompton »

It's a bit of marketing puffery, but it did take a long time.

Blue spent a lot of time over about 5-6 months on the initial design, after which it languished quite a bit in "I'll get back to it soon, no, really" stage.

Then Bons and I put another, oh, 5 months or work into it to finish it off. Mind you that some of us have jobs and at least pretend to have lives, but yeah. Long time. :)