EQ2 and an ATI 9600 card

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

PlankOwner

EQ2 and an ATI 9600 card

Post by PlankOwner »

Need some insight and advice.

Playing EQ2 and really enjoying it...EXCEPT that graphically all I can run is on lowest resolution and set for "extreme performance". Even then I get odd artifacts related to my character or from other characters but not enviroment. This gets more pronounced and frequent if I ramp up settings.

I have installed the latest catalyst drivers, I have installed omega drivers, I have used the driver cleaner between each and nothing seems to help much though the omega drivers semed ot have fewer of these flickering anomolies..and again they get pronounced when any sort of special effect involves my character graphic.

So, is there a solution other than buying a better card, this is a 9600 with 256mb of vid ram? If not what is a decent upgrade to this card that is in the $200 range?

Thanks in advance and if you are on Ogguk would love to have some friends to adventure with. this game is so good i am going to wait a while on HL2.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Probably the new NVIDIA 6600. I've got a 9800pro and though I run at medium, I'd like to run it without framerate dropping to 5. Been eyeing that NVIDIA as well, but I'm not sure if the performance vs price difference from a 9800pro is worth it.