So is Half-Life 2 actually out?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

So is Half-Life 2 actually out?

Post by Jaymann »

I want to buy it but not until I know it's on the shelves and I can actually play. What's the status?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

? :shock: ?
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
GungHo

Re: So is Half-Life 2 actually out?

Post by GungHo »

Jaymann wrote:I want to buy it but not until I know it's on the shelves and I can actually play. What's the status?
OK, I know yer the dude that does the BOttom Ten and all, but ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Just in case you are; yes the game is out, and other than an outage of Valve's servers yesterday(I believe), you should be able to get up and running as soon as you've installed the game(assuming yer buying retail and not d/l).
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

No, it is not out, don't listen to GungHo. Everybody in the impressions thread is lying. They are all part of the Matrix. Repeat to yourself: There Is No Half-Life 2.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:No, it is not out, don't listen to GungHo. Everybody in the impressions thread is lying. They are all part of the Matrix. Repeat to yourself: There Is No Half-Life 2.
Whoa!

- Ash
martindemon

Post by martindemon »

My machine is a 3400+ socket 754 with 1Gb RAM and 6800 ultra and 2 36Gb raptors in raid 0 and the installation took 90 minutes, and I have broad band. I can't wait to get a no-steam "patch" for when I'll have to reinstall (which I do 4-5 times a year.) Or perhaps I'll try to backup validation files or all the folder on several DVDs. Anything to avoid to replug on steam.