HL2 -- Multiplayer?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

msduncan

HL2 -- Multiplayer?

Post by msduncan »

Is there multiplayer to this game? It's not on the main menu from what I can tell. What's up with this?

I *must* be missing something....

Also: what's the 'huge suprise' that everyone was talking about before the release concerning multiplayer. I never heard what it was going to be....
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Counterstrike: Source is the official HL-2 multiplayer.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

You are not missing anything. There is no such game as HL2 Multiplayer. There is Counter-Strike: Source and the soon to be released Day of Defeat: Source. Perhaps something new is coming, but no one knows.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Me and a few dudes are working on a zombie-themed multiplayer mod for the game. If it ever gets finished, itll be out in a good few months.
I <3 :ninja:
CSL

Post by CSL »

Crowley wrote:Me and a few dudes are working on a zombie-themed multiplayer mod for the game. If it ever gets finished, itll be out in a good few months.
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

Day of Defeat: Source is going to be all you ever need. :D

I'm sure there'll be someone trying to get new versions of the old mods out...TFC...normal DM...
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
none

Post by none »

quoted from bill harris' blog:
There's going to be a special treat near launch or soon after for those who are upset that Counter-Strike Source is the only multiplayer offered out of the box. I'd hate to ruin the surprise but let's just say traditionalists will be happy even if it's just one map at first. Physics Cannon!
i've seen mention of this info on the steam forums and suspect that's what msduncan was referring to in his post as well. we shall see, i suppose. :)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Question on DoD and CS. Do you have to buy the silver or CE to get these or what? If you buy the regular old HL2 in store, do you have to pay extra to get mods like DoD? If so, how much?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

The mod scene will go nuts on this game, give it a few months. Meantime play UT2k4! :)
Al

Let the "greedy Valve" flames commence!

Post by Al »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Question on DoD and CS. Do you have to buy the silver or CE to get these or what?
You'll only get DoD if you buy over Steam. Activision owns the rights to retail DoD, that's why it isn't part of the Half-Life 2 retail package.
Raven_13

Post by Raven_13 »

I assume that there's a HL2 MP patch coming; unless I'm missing something, what would be the point of the 'friends online' finder in the main menu?
"Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand." - Anonymous
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Raven_13 wrote:I assume that there's a HL2 MP patch coming; unless I'm missing something, what would be the point of the 'friends online' finder in the main menu?
Doesn't Steam have a built-in IM client? Maybe it's there if you want to IM someone but don't want to exit HL2?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT