[GC] Fire Emblem: Path of Radience

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

msurby

[GC] Fire Emblem: Path of Radience

Post by msurby »

Wow. I am so *not* an early adopter that it is rare for me to start these kinds of threads. Anyway, I got it today at Fry's for $36.99 (sweet deal at my very own Fry's - just opened last week 10 minutes from work). I am really excited but won't really get to it until tomorrow. I'm super excited and just couldn't wait. I'll keep everyone posted on my thoughts.
A candy-coated clown they call the Sandman...
msurby

Post by msurby »

I finally got around to playing this today and it is as fun as I thought it would be. If you have played the other Fire Emblem games, then you will feel right at home with this game. I'm now at the beginning of chapter 3. You start off with 3 normal characters and 1 super character. As usual, I am avoiding using the super until I can get some decent experience for my other characters.

I'm not sure where all of the complaints about the graphics and battle animations are coming from. I think they are pretty good. The cutscenes are *very* cool. Not sure what kind of technique that they used for these but they come across as 3 dimensional 2 dimensional drawings - hard to explain, but you will know what I am talking about when you see it.

If you are a Fire Emblem junkie - like me - then you owe it to yourself to get this game.
Terrified

Post by Terrified »

Thanks for the first impressions. I was probably going to get it anyway... Now I MUST have it. :)
warning

Post by warning »

For some reason Terrified the combination of your name and your avatar scare the hell outta me.

As far as Fire Emblem I loved the handheld ones so I'll probably wind up getting this for Christmas.
blkdog7

Post by blkdog7 »

I'm not familiar with the handheld games. What is this game like? Is it an RPG?
My Podcast - Video Game Outsiders
Zero Commit - Mature Xbox Live Gaming Community
Currently Playing: Xbox 360: SC:DA, TW07, DS: Clubhouse Games
warning

Post by warning »

blkdog7 wrote:I'm not familiar with the handheld games. What is this game like? Is it an RPG?
It's a turn-based, fantasy, strategy RPG. In the same genre as Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I'm on chapter 17 and am having a blast. I have had to put Sacred Stones on the backburner since I am totally engrossed in this one. Love the graphics and the cutscenes too.

FUN~!!!!!!!
JSL

Post by JSL »

So what is the save system like? Do you have to play for a substantial amount of time before saving or can you save in mission?
JCC

Post by JCC »

Much like the GBA games, you can suspend your game on any turn, and then resume it later (but when you resume, that "save" is lost and you're back to the last save before the mission started. Of course you can always suspend again). Essentially, it's identical to the GBA, except that it doesn't autosave after each turn.
msurby

Post by msurby »

Also, there are 5 save slots that you can use. GBA versions only had 3.
JSL

Post by JSL »

JCC wrote:Much like the GBA games, you can suspend your game on any turn, and then resume it later (but when you resume, that "save" is lost and you're back to the last save before the mission started. Of course you can always suspend again). Essentially, it's identical to the GBA, except that it doesn't autosave after each turn.
That's cool. Previsouly I had heard it took hours in between saving, but being able to quick save is a great feature. Maybe I will have to pick it up now.
farley2k

Post by farley2k »

It doesn't seem like the save system is really different. You just can't hit the power button without saving but almost every console game is like that.

What it still lacks is saving when you want - so if you got a really good bunch of stats when you leved or managed to kill everyone except the really tough boss and wanted to save so you wouldn't have to do that all again if you screwed up.

Oh well they are still great games.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night

- Dave Barry
msurby

Post by msurby »

So I just got to the first *BIG EVENT* in the game and I thought it was pulled off pretty well. Ike is now one pissed mofo and I can't wait to see what will happen next. The art is this game is awesome.