WoW European release date?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Pointer

WoW European release date?

Post by Pointer »

Hi guys,

Judging from previous MMORPGS and the fact that the european beta has only just started is it pretty certain that WoW will be released later in Europe than it is in the US?

If it is released later in Europe if I bought a US copy could I play that over here in the UK?

Pointer
neofit

Post by neofit »

Pointer wrote:Hi guys,

Judging from previous MMORPGS and the fact that the european beta has only just started is it pretty certain that WoW will be released later in Europe than it is in the US?

If it is released later in Europe if I bought a US copy could I play that over here in the UK?

Pointer
Blizzard has stated that WoW will come to Europe 2-3 months after the US release. And technically you can import the game from the US, but will only be able to play on the US servers if you have a US billing address. So in short they are pulling a Horizons-like segregation on us, but even AE managed to make a near-simultaneous release.

OTOH it's not that bad, we can avoid the agony of choice between EQ2 and WoW - this November will be EQ2 month for Europeans. I for sure will try every other MMORPG that may be released in the meantime and will check WoW only as a last resort. That'll teach 'em :D.
JayG

Post by JayG »

That's made my choice about which on-line game to get. I can't believe that Blizzard would pull something like this. Everquest 2, here I come.
tals

Post by tals »

Agreed, considering how good Blizzard is at marketting this is a bad call for them IMHO.

Anyway I posted a link in

http://www.pcgamesforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=390

regarding a player review. Certainly the game sounds interesting and http://www.dvd.co.uk has it for £17.99 preorder - seems a no brainer :)

Tals