The Movies - Fan Trailer by Yours Truly

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Orgull

The Movies - Fan Trailer by Yours Truly

Post by Orgull »

I've put together my own fan trailer for "The Movies" game. I used clips from several of the official movies and cut them to the music of "Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg.

Here is the link to the video (.wmv 22MB) Click here to watch The-Movies---Mountain-King-Fan-Edition

Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

EDIT: For those having trouble streaming the video, I have made a small version (3.8MB) which I can e-mail to you. Just contact me at tfuhr@sympatico.ca and I'll send you the movie.
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

Awesome stuff. I really had no interest in this game till the movie contest arouse, now I am really interested. I think I may wait though to see what other peoples reviews of it are.

When are we supposed to see it in stores anyways?
Orgull

Post by Orgull »

Nov 8th-ish in US. Nov 11th-ish in Europe. I'll be driving my local game stores nuts calling them every half hour on starting on the 8th! :D
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

Never seen the trailers for The Movies before, now I"m interested in the game. :D
Ya srsly!
Kael

Post by Kael »

Awesome job! As if I wasn't going crazy waiting for this enough your trailor makes me want it even more.
Creator of the Civ4 Fall from Heaven II fantasy mod for Civilization IV
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I have been interested in this one for a while, but, unfortunately, my computer is approximately 32 years old, uses punch cards, and also has a walk-in door.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
razgon

Post by razgon »

I don't believe in this game - it does not exist - It cannot exist.
Gone...
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

Eel Snave wrote:I have been interested in this one for a while, but, unfortunately, my computer is approximately 32 years old, uses punch cards, and also has a walk-in door.
Don't worry. You can get a walk-in door upgrade pretty cheap right now so you should be all set.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
razgon

Post by razgon »

razgon wrote:I don't believe in this game - it does not exist - It cannot exist.
okay, I did it, although I swore that once was enough...I qouted myself...

I need to explain the above statement...

This game looks brilliant? It looks on par with games like Black & White, where "you can do anything" and other games that promise freestyle gaming unlimited.

I mean, if this game deliveres as promised (I'm speaking of its sandbox mode) you can practically make ANYTHING happen? you can recreate specific scenes, even entire movies with this piece of software - yes, I'm tempted to call it a piece of software, because you have here the tools to make any kind of movie you ever wante...again, if the game delivers.

I simply cannot believe this - when is the last time a progressive and innovative game-design has ever yielded what it promised? (moo3 anyone?) Most game design start out with a huge wishlist and ideas - those are cut back on as the developement progresses, in order to make the game realistic to produce. This game seems like you basically take the idea of a movie studio, where you can do anything, and make anything happen, and don't narrow the focus at all through developement. Thus - the reason for the above statement. :roll:
Gone...
onnel

Post by onnel »

Well razgon, it does have some (strange IMO) limitations: you do *not* have full control over camera angles. They are apparently controlled by sliders. Seems a strange decision and perhaps there is a workaround?

That to me is the only thing that seems to be lacking. Also, I assume dialog can be inserted, rather than having sim-speak. Can anyone confirm this?

Onnel
morlac

Post by morlac »

I have read you can record your own voiceovers to use in your movies.
setaside

Post by setaside »

morlac wrote:I have read you can record your own voiceovers to use in your movies.
True.
Kael

Post by Kael »

You are limited by the library of actions your actors can perform. You are limited by the versions of those actions. You have a limited number of props to work with, sets to use, and ways to interact with those props and sets.

It is a toybox full of toys to play with. But it doesn't allow you to do anything, anyone who goes in with that impression will be dissapointed.
Creator of the Civ4 Fall from Heaven II fantasy mod for Civilization IV
setaside

Post by setaside »

Kael wrote:You are limited ...
By what ships with the game and after that by what Lionhead and/or the mod community provides going forward.
Orgull

Post by Orgull »

Wow 512 views of the trailer so far! 8)
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

Orgull wrote:Wow 512 views of the trailer so far! 8)
Because it is a damn good trailer!!
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Damn, that is awesome! Nice job!
szgany

Post by szgany »

setaside wrote:
Kael wrote:You are limited ...
By what ships with the game and after that by what Lionhead and/or the mod community provides going forward.
Exactly. This game is very Simsesque. If that community is any indication, and I am sure they will flock to it, then the the net will be lousy with user made mods and objects.

Edit: Nice trailer.
Kagath

Post by Kagath »

Now, how long will it be before people are trying to shoot thier own Sims style pr0n movie? :)

I want to see some Indiana Jones type of stuff.
Playing: BF3 360 | Chrono Trigger DS | Assassin's Creed 360 | - WINGS!
PSN/Live: MrStark77