DS2 camera angles question

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ripstar

DS2 camera angles question

Post by Ripstar »

Is it possible to get a low down straight on view of your character or is the camera always fixed above and looking down on a slight angle even at top zoom.

I have seen screenshots on a game sight showing a straight on view and wondered in the camera views can be changed from default.

Any ideas?
You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its a vanity view for seeing your own character's outfit...I think it was H or V or something.

EDIT..I may be thinking of Fable. Been a while since I played DS2.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Ripstar

Post by Ripstar »

Your thinking of Fable, I was thinking of lowering the camera to alomost ground level would be more immersive, like the views in Neverwinter Nights.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I don't understand what you are asking, you can zoom right in close at a low angle with the normal camera controls.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

Unfortunately, you can't see the sky in the game...but if you could, it would look like this:

Ragnarok

Post by Ragnarok »

Lee wrote:I don't understand what you are asking, you can zoom right in close at a low angle with the normal camera controls.
But you can't angle the camera enough to be able to see in front of you to explore. Its great for getting close up in a fight but if you want to stay close while moving about, you can't see more than a few steps in front of you.
Darkie

Post by Darkie »

Like what the man said, you can't see the sky. And thus, the horizon... which limits the camera quite a bit.

There's a load of mods though, I'm sure one can make you happy. I tend to use my automap (at largest size) for 'exploring'...
Jeff

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me, 'Well, you haven't been there, have you? You haven't seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian beaver cheese is equally valid' - then I can't even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof..." - Douglas Adams