Project Entropia Space Station Sold for $100K (Real Dollars)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

Project Entropia Space Station Sold for $100K (Real Dollars)

Post by Grifman »

Hard to believe but somebody paid $100k for a space station in Project Entropia:
Ownership rights will include all:

* Space Station Naming Rights.
* Apartment Deeds 1000 Pcs.
* Mall Shopping Booth and market stall Owner deeds 100 Pcs.
* All Hunting taxation rights.
* All Mining taxation rights.
* Land management system.
* Operating control and revenues from Event areas, by use of the upcoming event system.
* Billboard marketing management system, by use of the upcoming billboard management and marketing system.
* Spawning point for newcomers to Project Entropia through a tagged PE client. This will enable the owner to market his Space station Resort outside Project Entropia so that the newcomers will arrive directly at the resort instead of in Port Atlantis.
Found here:

http://www.project-entropia.com/news/Index.ajp

Hard to believe.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Didn't someone bought an island in that VR thing recently for 30K or something?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Darkie

Post by Darkie »

I remember checking out PE when it first came out, but it was buggy, laggy, and of course having to spend money to get starting funds was crappy for a demo run, so I put it down...

Is it popular now? The system's economy does appear to be purely player-driven, with real-world exchange rates, so it's possible to work there and making a living out here... but that'd depend on the population.
Jeff

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me, 'Well, you haven't been there, have you? You haven't seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian beaver cheese is equally valid' - then I can't even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof..." - Douglas Adams
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I played for about a month, never put any of my own money in, managed to get a sword to beat things up with but got bored pretty quickly. Before I logged out for good I sold all my equipment and cashed out with $5 American. So although you can make money it takes a lot or work and you could probably be spending your time with far more interesting games.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

That place is retarded. Internet boys with no wives/life. At least after playing WoW for 300 RT hours you still have that $100,000 in the bank.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

jpinard wrote:That place is retarded. Internet boys with no wives/life.
Didn't you just describe all MMOGs? :twisted:
Darkie

Post by Darkie »

I don't think he spent cash.

More likely he had a million PED and bought it with that. I'm sure there's plenty of MMORPH chars with that much cash ingame... the only stupidity is that it's worth 100k...

I mean, damn people, that's like a year's salary!
Jeff

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me, 'Well, you haven't been there, have you? You haven't seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian beaver cheese is equally valid' - then I can't even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof..." - Douglas Adams
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Umm, try 5 years salary for me. I wish I made 100k a year. Hell it would take my wife and I 3 years to make that together.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

jpinard wrote:That place is retarded. Internet boys with no wives/life. At least after playing WoW for 300 RT hours you still have that $100,000 in the bank.

but you've lost your job, your wife has left you, and you're about to have your car repossessed...all because you DID spend 300 RT hours pretending to be a brightly dressed night elf. :wink:
He won. Period.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

hepcat wrote:
jpinard wrote:That place is retarded. Internet boys with no wives/life. At least after playing WoW for 300 RT hours you still have that $100,000 in the bank.

but you've lost your job, your wife has left you, and you're about to have your car repossessed...all because you DID spend 300 RT hours pretending to be a brightly dressed night elf. :wink:
Hehehehe :lol:
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Just out of curiosity, anyone know the record prices for EQ or WoW auctions?
Darkie

Post by Darkie »

Arkon wrote:Umm, try 5 years salary for me. I wish I made 100k a year. Hell it would take my wife and I 3 years to make that together.
Eh, I was trying to do conversions in my head with exchange rates. I think I went the wrong way around... but still...
Jeff

morlac

Post by morlac »

wonderpug wrote:Just out of curiosity, anyone know the record prices for EQ or WoW auctions?
In it's heyday it was not unusual for some EQ accounts to go for +3k on ebay. IIRC the most was around 6k. No idea on WOW.