CoH Issue 6 - Live as of today

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

For those who have played it, how has CoH issue 6 affected your play?

Not much
No votes
Some but I can adjust
50%
My main character is now unplayable
17%
Forget about it - goodbye to CoH
33%

Total votes: 6

Texian

CoH Issue 6 - Live as of today

Post by Texian »

For those who might be interested, CoH issue 6 went live today. And guess, what the cries of dooooommmmm were a bit overstated.

I don't have number for you but, without changing a thing in my enhancements or powers, my 50 scrappers can still do solo missions on Invincible.

Sure, I don't have perma-hasten or perma-dull pain but I left them on Auto-fire and hardly noticed the difference. Attacks are still 6 slotted for damage and I can still motor thru groups of oranges and reds.

To test, I did 3 Shadow Shard missions set on Invincible and completed all 3 without using any inspirations and had zero deaths or retreats to heal. The 13.3% global decrease in Endurance usage is very apparent and nicely balances the reduction in End gain from QR and Stamina.

Trust me, I was surprised, because I was very critical of ED over the past couple of months and now I have some freshly cooked crow to eat - issue 6 just ain't as bad as I thought it would be.

Issue 5 has also made the 3 PvP zones available for play now. There are not yet any CoV Villains in the PvP zones but, in Siren's Call and Bloody Bay, you can team to battle mobs; do the missions and collect badges before the CoV guys get in there. In SC and BB all players are SK'ed/RSK'ed to the same level so there is no unfair level advantage for anyone.

Warburg is a true FFA PvP zone. Got into some fights with other heroes and all ended in a stand-off with none of us able to take a HP off any of the others. Level for all players in Warburg is 38.

If you haven't tried CoH in a while or left because you were upset over ED, I encourage you to give the game another try. Small adjustments in your enhancements may be needed but are not required.

If you want to do PvP extensively then I would strongly suggest using the Free Respec to get a more PvP worthy build for your existing Heroes.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

I can't wait to see the posts tomorrow on the CoH boards: "I made one of each archetype yesterday and then levelled them all to 50 and this game sucks now!"

;)
There is no hug button. Sad!
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

I'm not ecstatic about i6. There are some things I do and do not like. Have a feeling that we will see some more tweaking beyond the reduced endurance cost. Particularly to the single enhancement powers.

Currently testing some different builds for my Fire/Devices Blaster (When the test server is up and it lets me transfer). Dropping Speed and Fitness. Speed because honestly I never wanted perma hasten and that was the only power that I wanted in that set. I hate dropping Fitness since I'll loose Health (I just waited to heal which saved me a bit of insp) and Stamina but since each was single enhance they don't do me as much good as before. Picked up Leadership and Jumping. Kept Concealment for Invis and Phase. Debating on dropping targeting drone from my devices set and going with tactics but the way each info reads drone is the better of the two. Wish they would give us just one more power pool so I could also go Medicine but oh well. Probably dropping Fire Bolt in favor of Blaze and so I can slot more powers (lvl 34 right now) but will probably pick it up later as it was damn usefull.

As for ED itself. Well, to me, it was introduced because of the PvP aspect. And since I don't plan on doing PvP that much, if at all, I wish ED never came to be. Would have rather seen better enhancements rather than being told how to use them. Not leaving because of this, but also not happy at the moment.
Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Right, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
Just like a real one, exactly.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Issue 6 - Along Came a Nerfbat.

One redeeming factor is they made Hammidon Enhancements combinable, so I can knock them down to no more than 3 of each type. Won't mean much til they raise the level cap though.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Spiff

Post by Spiff »

Haven't logged in tonight, but one question:

Did you start any kind of download for the CoV pre-order? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and was wondering if there's any DL after I log tonight. Looked like there would be from the CoV forums.
"Some people never find it, some only pretend; but me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then."
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Spiff wrote:Haven't logged in tonight, but one question:

Did you start any kind of download for the CoV pre-order? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and was wondering if there's any DL after I log tonight. Looked like there would be from the CoV forums.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that the CoH "patch" tonight essentially contains CoV. The way I patched my game was to copy my CoV beta files over into my main CoH folder. This is mentioned on the CoH tech forum in a few places & you can find exact instructions there. I was able to log on earlier today using this method without downloading anything.

FWIW, I can't seem to log in right now, but I'm hoping that's a server-side issue. :)
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Andrew Wonser wrote:As for ED itself. Well, to me, it was introduced because of the PvP aspect. And since I don't plan on doing PvP that much, if at all, I wish ED never came to be.
No, it was introduced because ppeople were sleepwalking through missions on invincible. Not me, mind you, but rumor has it that somewhere there was a guy, who had a cousin, whose sister's best friend's uncle's cousin twice-removed was. :D

Actually, I think it's great they will provide challenge to those that want it, provided:

a) the game doesn't become too hard on base difficulty

b) xp gain doesn't slow down.

Statesman says he is watching both of these, and I believe the guy when he says those things.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

One of my favorite toons, my lvl 32 tanker, was effectively nerfed back to the stone age with I5. Given the changes that I6 is bringing will nuke him back to the Triassic period, Im done with the game for a little while.

Ill definitely come back to it, but for now Ive convinced my friends to pick up WoW for at least a little while, and it's been a nice change. We were all getting a bit burned out on CoH as it was, and these changes were just the catalyst we needed to move on to something else.

Im looking forward to eventually picking up CoV and checking out the bases and such, and I for sure want to eventually reach that lofty lvl 50...but Im cool with taking a break for a bit.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Guy Incognito

Re: CoH Issue 6 - Live as of today

Post by Guy Incognito »

Texian wrote:Sure, I don't have perma-hasten or perma-dull pain but I left them on Auto-fire and hardly noticed the difference.
Can you set two powers to auto-fire? Why has no one told me this before? Hopefully it is true and not a typo :)
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I don't know about the play yet - but the performance really sucks hard!
Texian

Re: CoH Issue 6 - Live as of today

Post by Texian »

Guy Incognito wrote:
Texian wrote:Sure, I don't have perma-hasten or perma-dull pain but I left them on Auto-fire and hardly noticed the difference.
Can you set two powers to auto-fire? Why has no one told me this before? Hopefully it is true and not a typo :)
Sorry about that, poor choice of wording on my part. I did not mean to imply that I had both set to Auto-fire on a single character.
Texian

Post by Texian »

Cylus Maxii wrote:I don't know about the play yet - but the performance really sucks hard!
They took down the servers and fixed the performance issues. After the servers came back up, I played with the masses in Siren's Call and the performance was excellent (even on my old, slow system).
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Cylus Maxii wrote:I don't know about the play yet - but the performance really sucks hard!
Make sure to check your graphics settings. On my system, bloom and depth of field were on by default when I6 went live.
KePoW

Post by KePoW »

yeah, what misguided said. they added quite a few new things in the different Options screens...go back and check all of them for new settings