E3 Oblivion Video Released

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

docvego

E3 Oblivion Video Released

Post by docvego »

Hetz

Post by Hetz »

For the two people that haven't seen it yet...here it is finally! :)

Now, about that release date...
Kyosho

Post by Kyosho »

Aha. I assume it is now okay to discuss it on their forums? Er...not that I'd go there. But still.
Creepy_Smell

Post by Creepy_Smell »

Hetz wrote:For the two people that haven't seen it yet...here it is finally! :)

Now, about that release date...
<Waves hand>

I'll check em out this weekend. Since I wont be able to run O until I upgrade my video card I haven't payed much attention.

I just recently got into Morrowind after shelving it since I didnt like the performance on my old rig. I've since rebuilt but was on a FPS focus for a while with an occasional bought of RPG but it was either Gothic or Divine Divinity.

Decided to try MW again a few weeks ago and it runs so much better for me now (Main issue was my old HD was too slow during cell loads and it drove me crazy, along with a weak CPU). Just got the Gold edition, mainly for journal upgrade, since I previously only had the original.

I'm all modded up now (read posts here and other forums for good suggetions) and enjoying it so far. Good change of pace from Joint Ops and RvS.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Theres new screenshots out also..www.ve3d.com..scroll down past all the WoW addon stuff. :P
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Animus

Post by Animus »

Daehawk wrote:Theres new screenshots out also..www.ve3d.com..scroll down past all the WoW addon stuff. :P
Bah, you got my hopes up. Those are all old.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I watched the first 3 videos of E3, and notice something that bugs me. When wielding a weapon you see your hand with the sword. but when you grab something from the ground (skull, ribcage) the objects mysteriously move around in the air. Lets try to be consistent :P

I know, small nitpick, but it's just something I noticed
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

When you can program a way to get digital hands to line up perfectly with digital objects of all shapes and sizes and manipulate them realistically, then you can complain. ;)

Seriously, they can show hands holding weapons because there's only so many ways you can hold a weapon effectively and swing with them. So all they need is one set of hand animations to handle weapons.

Whereas getting the hands to properly interact with physics objects would require them to program an entire AI system devoted entirely to getting the hand to reach out realistically, grasp the object in some realistic way, and then move the object. Each step would have it's own sub steps as the AI would have to calculate how to bend each joint in the arm, including fingers, etc... That or they'd have to get an animator long with a programmer to manually do the hand animations for each similar object that can be manipulated.

Actually, I wonder how this was done in Tresspasser, or how well it was done.

Anyway, Seeing these made me want to get the game. I couldn't get into Morrowind, but it looks like this game has a bit more direction and that cinematic quality, more story too.

But before that I need to get a new PC.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It would require dynamic animations of some sort, with the animation adapting to the environment, rather than predesigned animations being played in an appropriate order. I've never heard of a game that is capable of that.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)