Dragon Quest 8 due Nov 15

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

D.A.Lewis

Dragon Quest 8 due Nov 15

Post by D.A.Lewis »

RPG gamer is reporting that DQ 8 moved up its release date to 11/15/2005. With Oblivion coming out probably in Feb or March, this will give me plently of time to get back into the first RPG series I ever played on a console.

Gamespy has a brief reveiw of the series and a nice preview of the game. It looks like this game is going back to some traditional RPG elements like a world to explore as opposed to a map. And while the cartoony graphics might turn off some, for gaming purposes those type of visuals never bothered me.

edit: damn iii's and my eyes
Bob

Post by Bob »

You mean 8. Also, for me, the graphics are a big reason I'm interested. I love the Dragonball Z guy's art style.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
VegasD

Post by VegasD »

I'm in. Preordered and counting down the days. Time to blow the dust off of my PS2.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Thanks Bob

What's funny is Ihave Dragon Quest 7 and it is not a whole lot different than DQ1. Eight on the other hand looks vastly different, but the game play looks like it will be very similar which I think is great.

I saw the Japenese version of DQ8 at an anime convention in July and the game looked great.
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

:D :wub: :D Can't wait!
vizionblind

Post by vizionblind »

VegasD wrote:I'm in. Preordered and counting down the days. Time to blow the dust off of my PS2.
serenity now!
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

I'm psyched! With Oblivions probable delay, I'm going to need an RPG this winter to keep me busy....this shoud fit the bill nicely!
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

That's what I'm thinking Hetz, although Gothic Gold (also available later in the month) will also help.

When I saw the Japanese version of this game this past July, it pained me that it was supposedly coming out the same time with a couple of other RPGs (Oblivion and the Roots). But it seems both are delayed.

The game play of Dragon Warrior 8 looked cartoony but from a unique (for this series) first person perspective. I've been drooling for this game ever since. Unfortunately I'm going on a 5 week assignment and while I can take my laptop, there is no way I can sneek the PS2 out of the house for that long. So unless it comes out this Friday, I wont be able to pick up the game until Dec 6.

But I will be looking forward to all youse guys'es game impresions from my hotel room with a broadband connection to my new laptop :cry: