UFO Aftershock Issue

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Yojimbo

UFO Aftershock Issue

Post by Yojimbo »

Is anyone having an Aftershock Starforce Issue? I just installed and I cannot start the game. Starforce says "wrong disc" and then asks for a disc key.

"Enter a Disc Key for the disc labelled UFO_AS" is the message that I get. I sure wish that I could play this one.

The forums at Cenga.com are offline and I tried to google to no avail.

Any ideas?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Tried running Starforce driver removal tool below - no good. I did not get any kind of key with this disc or manual (DVD case shrink wrap intact from GoGamer).

http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=70
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I am the world's bigest moron. The disc key is on the disc.

Printed onto the actual CD, that is. Part of the label.

Please move along, nothing to see here.
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Funny, had this game been realeased any other week the rest of us might have noticed. Bad timing UBI. =O
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I had the same problem until I relaized the cd code was on the disc.Who prints them on the disc anymore?Obviously CNEGA.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Any impressions of the game yet?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

dbt1949 wrote:I had the same problem until I relaized the cd code was on the disc.Who prints them on the disc anymore?Obviously CNEGA.
While I think that was odd, I actually like it. I tend to write my CD key on my CD's anyway, since I'm usually more prone to lose a manual then the CD itself.

Is it a sticker or something? Cause otherwise I don't know how they would have done it.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I could get used to the key on the disc (even though it kicked my butt).

We are still on first page here, so no big impressions. After 4 quick hours;
The game is a lot like the Aftermath with dirrent world map goals. The whole research thing feels a little "tacked on" to me. - "Let's get started today, and learn what we are doing a few research projects away".

You start off on an orbital platform, your people fled (were evacuated by 'good' aliens?) before the badness really happened on earth. So it has a bit of a 'vault dweller' thing going on. For example, I start off using reticularian blasters, but I have to research "firearms" to learn about them.

You connect your bases with "track" that has a maint. cost. There is some diplomacy but I don't know how deep it is yet.

I chose "veteran" diff becase I am an XCOM geek from way back. It is hard. I found a 12 guage early on, and without it all my troopers would be dead. I get so many kills on charging enemeies a few feet away. There is a harder difficulty level that I would not have survived on.

Side note: I think the Hand-to-hand alien smacking that we have all wanted since that first sectoid plasma sniped us is here at last. My guys started with a basic combat knife and I am researching 'blades' in the weapons lab now.

I have had two CTDs so far. If you are super busy with CIV IV and COV, you coould easily wait for a patch and pick this on up when it actually gets released in North America.

Right now, a large craft is inbound (14 days away) and I'm afraid for what will happen when it arrives. Will I loose be orbiter? Will they attack one of my two fledgeling bases? Are they friends?