Simpson's Hit and Run

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

D.A.Lewis

Simpson's Hit and Run

Post by D.A.Lewis »

I'm not a FPS type of guy so Half Life doesn't interest me. The Vampire game looks like one I should wait a few months, so really there is nothing out there for me to play. So I dug into my queue of unplayed games and installed Simpsons Hit and Run.

What a nice little diversion. I'm nearly finsihed with Bards Tale but it doesn't have half the humor of the Simpson's game. And the Bard's Tale is funny. It just doesn't manage to be funny all the way through. But Hit and Run is just about always funny.

If you never played the game it is the Simpson's version of Grand Theft Auto. And the violence is all cartoony. And so far the game is way easy which is a good thing for this old time gamer.

One troubling thing is that Universal Vivendi is no longer supporting the game. The game dialogue seems to start after the mouths move. Is there a patch for this game? I couldn't find one. Still, even if there isn't, the game is still completly playable and good for a lot of laughs.
is_dead

Post by is_dead »

Hey I forgot about this game, I might look for it on the cheap racks. Thanks for the tip!
is_dead
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I almost made a post about this myself - must be thinking alike. I saw it at EB in the bargain rack for $10.

I'm a hardcore Simpsons lover, but I also have GTA VC and have not even played it yet! If it's the exact same thing, I think I would rather get the "original" experience before playing a game based on its engine (similar I guess to wanting to see Star Wars before watching Spaceballs).

For $10 though, if it's good (and REALLY funny, not like previous Simpsons games) I might pick it up.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

You will not miss anything by playing Hit and Run first instead of GTA-VC. The experience is completely different. GTA is like a movie world whereas Hit & Run is like a cartoon world. When you run over people and I do mean run over people in Hit & Run, they scream back at you that Springfield is a terrible town. And when Homer is running over people, mailboxes, steet lights and what nots he is singing proudly

"I Am Evil Ho-mer"
(to that carribean beat)

Think I'll play it now.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

I played through the Simpsons Hit and Run about 3 weeks ago and I had alot of fun with it. It's mostly driving missions unlike GTA where you do some non driving stuff, but its still alot of fun!
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Enough

Post by Enough »

Best Simpsons game ever! Even my wife liked to watch me play this one. If you are familiar with all of the esoteric references from the Simpsons this is in my humble opinion a must buy at $10 just for the fun of exploring Springfield. And I agree you will not be spoiling GTA VC in the least by playing this one first.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

It was kind of fun exploring Springfield but I felt the actual game itself was pretty weak. Great production values but once the novelty of Springfield wears off there's not much to it. Definately not recommended unless you're a Simpson's fan.