Bloodlines question

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

knob

Bloodlines question

Post by knob »

I just started playing. I made a Malkavian and it seems like it could be fun, but I want to give some of the other clans a try. Nosferatu sounds like it could be a little fun, along all of the others..heh.

I was just wondering, though. If you skip the tutorial, it seems like you miss out on a few items. Are these valuable enough to make it worthwhile to go through the tutorial each time?
If I had a sig, would you read it?
none

Post by none »

i believe completing the tutorial gives you two experience points. i got a crowbar out of it as well. what other items are available upon completion of the tutorial? i seem to have forgotten even though i just played through it last night...

[edit] ah, yes, the lockpick!
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The items aren't worth much, probably around $150 or so and that won't make much difference in the long run.

Still, it's pretty useful to have these items early on, mainly for the free lockpick.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Also a baseball bat :twisted:
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
knob

Post by knob »

The baseball bat is the thing I really want (along with the lockpicks).

Those lockpicks got me in trouble when I paid a visit to the Blood Bank and Clinic. A security guard spotted me.

So, I grabbed him, sucked on him a bit, then beat him senseless.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

Where can you get lockpicks if you don't get them in the tutorial? I've never noticed them for sale... does the Pawn shop carry them, and I just didn't see it?
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
azek01

Post by azek01 »

You can pick up the lockpick in the pawn shop
Terrified

Post by Terrified »

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Where can you get lockpicks if you don't get them in the tutorial? I've never noticed them for sale... does the Pawn shop carry them, and I just didn't see it?
If you already have the lockpicks, they aren't offered for sale at the pawnshop.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

A question:

Is there someway to turn the music down independent of the voice acting? I swear just like in real life the music is so loud I can't understand what the NPCs are saying. Most games have two sound controls, one for music, one for everything else, but this game only has one volume control that I can see under "Options". Thanks.

Grifman
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

Not that I've found, Grif, and I really wish there was. I'd turn all the music off in the game except the stuff you're supposed to hear like in the clubs.

There might be a configuration setting you can edit files for outside the game, but I haven't really had time to get to it (been busy playing EQ2 and HL2...err, I mean working ;) ). I'm sure there's a way to disable it, but I don't know that it would still leave in music where it belonged.

One thing that helps though, make sure your speaker setup is appropriate for what you're using UNLESS you're using headphones. I found that the sound worked much better at 5.1 than configured for Headphones when I was messing with it (in Windows, not in game).
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman wrote:A question:

Is there someway to turn the music down independent of the voice acting? I swear just like in real life the music is so loud I can't understand what the NPCs are saying. Most games have two sound controls, one for music, one for everything else, but this game only has one volume control that I can see under "Options". Thanks.

Grifman
Well, duh, I did finally realize that at least you can enable subtitles so that helps a bit at least . . .

Grifman`
JayG

Post by JayG »

I know what you mean though, I have exactly the same problem. I wouldn't mind being able to turn the music down a bit as well.