Massive Assault

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hitbyambulance

Massive Assault

Post by hitbyambulance »

i downloaded the demo after reading about this game in one of the other threads here, and was fairly impressed by its fun factor. just tonight i found a used copy at EBGames for a very reasonable price, and purchased it. i found out though that it needs a code to access internet multiplayer mode, and that is found 'printed inside the box' - i bought just the CD! nooooooo
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I think there was a second MP version of it released, you probably got the original. I know there were MP patches that you could download for the original, but I *think* that it was just to beta the MP for the new release.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the Massive Assault team sent me a new multiplayer code after i wrote them about it! excellent service from them!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

hitbyambulance wrote:the Massive Assault team sent me a new multiplayer code after i wrote them about it! excellent service from them!
Nice!! :)
unic

Post by unic »

I also recently discovered this game through the demo, found it great fun, bought it, and have just started playing it a bit online.

I had a similar situation with my copy (I bought the game in a shop, but there was no activation code to be found), emailed them, and within a couple of hours, got a reply with an activation code.

Excellent support!

hitbyambulance, if you'd like to play against a fellow GG:er (oops, I guess that should be OO:er / CG:er nowadays), feel free to challenge me to a game - my username is 'unic' there as well.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

yeah, i'll look you up when i get home. funny thing is, the person who gave me the activation code ('Inna') challenged me to a game an hour later!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is a good tactical wargame, easy to play but not easy to master. I've enjoyed it quit a bit.

Grifman
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

How much differentiation between sides are we talking about? Same units for both sides?
unic

Post by unic »

hitbyambulance wrote: funny thing is, the person who gave me the activation code ('Inna') challenged me to a game an hour later!
Yeah, same here (and I just finished that game today)! And it convinced me to try out the multiplayer (which I'd otherwise probably not have tried for a while yet).
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

SuperHiro wrote:How much differentiation between sides are we talking about? Same units for both sides?
Certain units look different but they are basically the same, but that's the point. You know your units and the enemy's units, and luck doesn't really enter into it. Every shot hits and does the same amount of damage (for a given unit type). It all comes down to how well you plan and manuever your units. I found it to be an excellent TB wargame, reminded me of the old Perfect General game.

Grifman
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Grifman wrote:
SuperHiro wrote:How much differentiation between sides are we talking about? Same units for both sides?
Certain units look different but they are basically the same, but that's the point. You know your units and the enemy's units, and luck doesn't really enter into it. Every shot hits and does the same amount of damage (for a given unit type). It all comes down to how well you plan and manuever your units. I found it to be an excellent TB wargame, reminded me of the old Perfect General game.

Grifman
Actually, gameplay was almost identical to another QQP game, The Lost Admiral.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

hmm - it would translate really well to a boardgame, wouldn't it....
driver

Post by driver »

Hey, I gave this one a shot and it was totally fun. Good pick, hba.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

hitbyambulance wrote:hmm - it would translate really well to a boardgame, wouldn't it....
Actually, yes, quit easily, except for maps. Part of the fun are the different maps and scenarios. That would not translate well to a static boardgame map.

Grifman
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

what's the difference between the original game and Massive Assault Network?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

hitbyambulance wrote:what's the difference between the original game and Massive Assault Network?
MAN is the multiplayer network.

Grifman