Morrowind error message

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Thunderspark

Morrowind error message

Post by Thunderspark »

I'm getting this message as Morrowind loads up to the main screen. It says:

Land (-25, 21) unable to load texture idx 0.

Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it so the message doesn't pop up?

So far, Morrowind is running fine, but I just wonder what it could be. Thanks!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The best Morrowind installation I've ever managed still had two error messages like that. All it means is that somewhere, something isn't the way Morrowind expects it to be. Morrowind (the executable) assumes everything is running vanilla Morrowind. If you make any changes (mods, plugins, etc) that aren't 100% perfect, it generates a warning message. It shouldn't affect gameplay at all, and if that's the only one you're getting, things are pretty good.

The first time you load a savegame after removing a mod can generate two or three hundred of those!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Thunderspark

Post by Thunderspark »

Thanks! I've figured out that it has something to do with the Stonewood Hall house mod. I haven't gotten my character over to Solstheim yet though to check it out though. Maybe once I get into higher levels.
warning

Post by warning »

Oddly enough I had the exact same problem with the Stonewood Hall mod. I just unchecked it from the active data files, re-did the TESTool, Levelled List manager and resequencer and the error was gone. No problems since.
Thunderspark

Post by Thunderspark »

Warning, did you ever get a character up to the location to see if there was anything there? Just wondering if the house is still there even though there's an error.
warning

Post by warning »

Nope. I uninstalled the home and probably won't reinstall it.