Anyone willing to share Pirates! LE extra files...

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Dearmad

Anyone willing to share Pirates! LE extra files...

Post by Dearmad »

I've heard there's extra content to the LE edition, and I want it! :cry:

Is it in the custom directory of the LE or what?

What ARE the extra characters included in the game?
Lee

Post by Lee »

So go buy it, it was the same damn price!

Ohhh! making of the game movies!! Oh and desktop themes!!! Wow you are missing out on a lot. :roll:
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Dearmad

Post by Dearmad »

SO much nastiness. The retail version is all I thought there was- I bought that. then found out there was an LE you can order direct from Firaxis.

Now, and here's the tricky part for you to undetsand- apperently there is extra game CONTENT. I am wondering what it is. Understand it now?
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

I think it's a few extra skins for pirates standing around in taverns, people dancing at the ball, etc. Nice, but nothing really important.
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

You are not missing out Dearmad. There are extra files that make the barmaid, bartender, and shipwright in the Pirate Lairs look like hippies (literally 60's hippies complete with tie-die clothing). The new merchant has a massive 'fro. It replaces the traditional pirate's lair music with 60's rock music. It replaces some of the other music in the game with 60's music.

I loaded it up and immediately deleted it. (For those with the LE edition, you need to manually add the files from the Custom folder on the DVD to the Custom folder on your hard disk. Keep track of which files you added, because I guarantee you'll want to delete them after trying them out).
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

The only addition I particularly like is the additional ship flags, and that's pretty minor.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Lee

Post by Lee »

You can also buy the limited edition in stores.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I got the LE for two reasons

1) It was on DVD
2) It came with Pirates! Gold

Other than that the rest of the stuff doesn't look worth it, so good thing it was the same price. Although, I thought I read awhile ago that it was supposed to come with an eyepatch and some other stuff like that, but I figure that all got dropped between when I read it and when I bought it.

PS I bought my LE at EB, not online.
Dearmad

Post by Dearmad »

ydejin wrote:You are not missing out Dearmad. There are extra files that make the barmaid, bartender, and shipwright in the Pirate Lairs look like hippies (literally 60's hippies complete with tie-die clothing). The new merchant has a massive 'fro. It replaces the traditional pirate's lair music with 60's rock music. It replaces some of the other music in the game with 60's music.

I loaded it up and immediately deleted it. (For those with the LE edition, you need to manually add the files from the Custom folder on the DVD to the Custom folder on your hard disk. Keep track of which files you added, because I guarantee you'll want to delete them after trying them out).
Wow that's it!? That is sorta disappointing... I thought they added characters or something that added to the flavor of the game, and/or items that were interesting, not made fun of it...

Thanks for letting me in on the info.