Morrowind GOTY Ed. Where do I start?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

MahaROGa

Morrowind GOTY Ed. Where do I start?

Post by MahaROGa »

I just picked up the Morrowind GOTY Ed. primarily to facilitate the installation of the DVD Mod Compilation. I played the original Morrowind back in the day, but have since then moved to a new system so this will be a new install with no save games.

So... Where do I start. I'll have to start with a new character. Does that mean I need to replay the original Morrowind or can I start with a new character in Tribunal or Bloodmoon?

I'd be gald to hear any recomendations along this subject line. I felt kind of lost the first time I played Morrowind. I ended up just letting it build my character using the Q&A process, towards the end I found that doing that resulted in a few skills that I didn't really feel were worthwhile e.g. Archery. I tend to play most RPGs as a hack-n-slash with some magic.

Thanks in advance!
I want to see BLOOD!
I want to bathe in their BLOOD!!
I want to bathe in their BLOOD for a WEEK!!!
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

You start the game exactly like you did pre-expansion. When you rest in the wilderness or an inn, you will risk getting attacked by the dark brotherhood which is the beginning of the tribunal story. The isle of Bloodmoon is located northwest of your starting position. These are expansions that you can play at any time, not just after the main quest, so go nuts on them and ignore the main story.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What he said.

I was about 3 hours into the original game when I installed Tribunal. I think I added it because the Tribunal expansion fixed the journal...but that's all I did.

Then I beat the game and haven't done anything in either Tribunal OR Bloodmoon. That's my plan for after x-mas.

From what I remember, Tribunal is recommended for characters 20+, so creating a new character and trying to explore that expansion won't work.

I suspect Bloodmoon is the same.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Bloodmoon is harder than Tribunal, in some ways. Yes, you'll want to play through MW again. Join a different house, maybe join the Temple if you did the Cult last time and so on.

Character advice? Magic is underpowered, unless you use some mods. A ranger/thief/warrior type should have no problems, with maybe just a little magic for levitating and such.

You might (or might not) want to get the "Delay Dark Brotherhood attack" mod, which will keep the DB assassins off your back until you're ready for them. from here
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch