Wednesday night driving?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

triggercut

Wednesday night driving?

Post by triggercut »

...we still on for some Wednesday night PGR2?

I might make it, depends on how the baseball game is going.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Which reminds me...Is there anyone who was in the BIOS Racing group here yet? I'd like to have them back, if they're so inclined. I tried Googling "BIOS Racing group" but all I got was a bunch of racing sites with Bio's of drivers. :(
Bob

Post by Bob »

I should be there; but not sure who else is with the debates going on. I can both listen to the debates AND drive really fast.
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

I'll be popping in tonight to see what's going on but I want to watch the debate.
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

I played a bit with Caveman and Driver but then I lost my connection and couldn't get it back.

Our session may have been cut short, but we still found time for some comedy gold. After talking about the debate for a bit, we thought a race in D.C. was appropriate so we tackled the Capitol Thrill. Caveman overtook me earning kudos for flip-flopping and said, "I must display steady leadership." :D
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Here's what I posted over at CG:

Sorry we lost you, Rob. Jancelot, Simon and lildrgn all stopped by at one point or anther and we had some really tight races. After losing first place at the last second on two separate occasions, I would like to declare myself the official GG PGR2 choker. The worst was going around that last curve screaming, "I shall have the glory of first place!" only to see Driver nose past me at the last possible moment. The standings confirmed my shame: I choked and lost by .1 seconds.

In any case, I'm up for racing again soon (and yes, Driver, I have Paris & Long Beach ).

Anyone free this weekend?
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

WOOHOO!

I may be available this weekend (Sunday afternoon) when the fam is taking a nap.

I'll listen for the screeching metal. That means CC is near!
You complete me.
words
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

It's Wednesday... Anyone up for some driving tonight? 8:30 or 9ish EST works for me.
Captain Caveman

Between my brother watching "Lost", the WS game, and my scheduled Xbox Live ESPN football game, I never got a chance to get on for some racing.'

Up for trying again sometime soon?
gellar

Post by gellar »

CharlieDelta wrote:Which reminds me...Is there anyone who was in the BIOS Racing group here yet? I'd like to have them back, if they're so inclined. I tried Googling "BIOS Racing group" but all I got was a bunch of racing sites with Bio's of drivers. :(
CD... I'm still around (as are magic and Rich in KC, I think), and I believe the location of this website was made known on one of the mailing lists. BIOS itself is largely gone though, as I think the only current series being run is the extremely old Gran Prix Legends.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

In regards to the BIOS league, I finally pulled the plug in July, too many schedule conflicts and not enough drivers. Plus we had run over 50 scheduled weeks and several pickup races as well, we all needed a break. The majority of the guys who still race joined the BDR racing leagues, they run several different series and nights and supplied our server for the last year of BIOS. The guy who runs BDR is also named Rich so don't get us confused if you go looking for the other guys. I wish I could join you guys on LIVE but after the first week we raced I was moved back to night shift so I'm not around on weekday nights anymore. :(

I read your post again CD, sorry I forgot you used to be ProblemChild and I thought you were looking for a race to join. Anyway Tim Maynard ran the GPL league that always posted on the MP forums, he also ran it through a Yahoo group. I haven't run into any of those guys on MSN yet to let them know about this forum, although DonD might have if he has made it over here, I know he has posted on Console Gold.
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

Captain Caveman wrote:Between my brother watching "Lost", the WS game, and my scheduled Xbox Live ESPN football game, I never got a chance to get on for some racing.'

Up for trying again sometime soon?
Nope, sorry. It was last Wednesday or never again. You snooze, you lose.

Oh, all right. How about this Wednesday? We can take a lap around Capitol Thrill to celebrate Kerry's victory.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Anything going on this Wednesday (11/3)?
Captain Caveman

I'm up for it. Anyone else???
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Ach. Don't think I can make it, alas.

Stinks!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

Any of you guys on PST? If so, I'll try to be on. Otherwise, I'll have to kick your asses another time.
You complete me.
words
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

I don't think I can make it either! Bummer. But we have to wrangle the group for an outrageous evening of driving in circles at top speed ASAP!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I played alone.

I need to practice. I suck. Bad.

Anyone up for some weekend action? Fri or Sat night?
Captain Caveman

Saturday would be best for me. My weekend never feels complete unless I get to check out Rob's rear bumper.
Captain Caveman

It is hereby decreed that there WILL be Wednesday night racing come tomorrow! He who abstains from said racing event shall be subjegated to the sight of me giving you the frowning of a lifetime!
geezer

Post by geezer »

Captain Caveman wrote:It is hereby decreed that there WILL be Wednesday night racing come tomorrow! He who abstains from said racing event shall be subjegated to the sight of me giving you the frowning of a lifetime!
PGR2?
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

Just got a headset, will try to make it tonight, but, alas, it'll be PST again, and not until 10 or after.
You complete me.
words
Captain Caveman

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be that much interest. I'll check back here in a little bit to see if that changes, but if not, I guess it's going to be another Gothic II night for me (boy am I ever hooked on that game).

lildrgn, I promise we'll make use of that headset soon!
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

I'd play...but tonight has been reserved Halo 2 night, for the most part. Buuuut mention a time and I'll play for awhile :D
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
driver

Post by driver »

Wouldn't you all rather play Halo? I'm mean, come on!