Pirates-Sneaking into town

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

Pirates-Sneaking into town

Post by tgb »

Anyone else find the screen for this portion way too dark? It looks like fun, but even with gamma turned all the way up I can hardly see anything. Any suggestions?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I'm sorry to be of no help. All I can tell you it's not too dark on my screen, so perhaps it's your video card settings/monitor? (which I'm sure you've already looked at)
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

No problem here either. The buzz is that there might be a couple mild ATI issues could that be it?
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Shocking though it may be, I haven't found the screen too dark for the sneaking minigame. OTOH, I 've only seen it twice, having found it incredibly tedious and thus best avoided.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

You're in Tucson, tgb? I'm stationed at D-M (sorry for the off-topic comment. I just noticed his location).

As for the topic, I haven't had the opportunity to sneak out of town yet, so I can't say how dark it is yet.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

A lot of people find it tedious but once I realized I could run (hold shift) and hide in haybales it got a lot better for me. Its certainly the SLOWEST part of the game, but I don't mind doing it if Colonel Mendoza stole my fiancee and was last in Puerto Cabello. Those spanish always hate me! :twisted:

Sneaking has been one of the only ways I've been able to stay on the main villains' trails when that's been my focus.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
tgb

Post by tgb »

Demosthenes wrote:No problem here either. The buzz is that there might be a couple mild ATI issues could that be it?
Could be. I'm running a Radeon 9200 (I know.......)
You're in Tucson, tgb? I'm stationed at D-M
Yeah, been here since July (following 9 years in Phoenix). I'm way up on the North side though - almost Oro Valley. The GF, otoh, lives just a couple of miles from the base, so I'm down that way a lot.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

As an aside, is there any map, or any way to determine where different buildings might be? I know the gov's mansion is in the center, but it takes me forever to find the flipping tavern.
Massena

Post by Massena »

Demosthenes wrote: Sneaking has been one of the only ways I've been able to stay on the main villains' trails when that's been my focus.
See, I sail around in the large frigate I got from Morgan, so I just pull up to the last port Raymondo or Mendoza was seen in, unload my 200 or so bully boys, raze the town, and then, when I confront the innkeeper standing in the ruins of his inn, make my polite inquiries.:twisted:

I also land in the smaller settlements nearby, where they often have up to date information about where those guys have gone.