EQ2 - I like it

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

The Mad Hatter

EQ2 - I like it

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I've really gotten into this game. I disliked the original intensely, but they've fixed almost everything that was wrong with that game (at least as it was in the first few weeks after release). There are real quests that are fun to do, there's not much camping, death is worth avoiding but not the end of the world when it happens, there's a good crafting system, etc. Maybe EQ incorporated a lot of this stuff as it went along, I wouldn't know. I can understand if longtime veterans of that game are blase about this one. As someone who hasn't played MMOGs since UO committed suicide years ago, I've had a lot of fun with it. I'd have more fun if I could kill people, but I must accept that that age is gone forever.

I'm not sure where the complaints about lack of polish are coming from either. Seems pretty polished and complete to me; none of my quests have been broken and there's only a little lag. Anyway, it's a cool game put some time into. I'm sure WoW is fun too but I can only afford one of these suckers.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
tals

Post by tals »

I agree, i'm nicely suckered into this game. Not to much that I play every minute but most of my gaming time goes between this and Soldiers - not played HL2 or over a week - too much fun in EQ2.

I love the quest system and the detail they have put into each of the quests. The NPCs chatting as you move about is really nice, also nice that sometimes there chat can lead you to a quest. i.e you hear a guy wailing that he can't find his brother as you pass. Chatting to him then leads you into that quest.

I'm just going to now start looking at the tradeskills aspect - so if anyone is interested

http://eq2-artisan.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=143

Appears to be a good link. But yep great game.

Tals on AB.