Halo 2 warez

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kraken

Halo 2 warez

Post by Kraken »

I heard on the radio this morning that a French version of Halo 2 is already available for download. It's not due in stores for another month, having just gone gold this week. Here is the only news report I could find.

Disgraceful. The French-language aspect means that the damage should be comparatively slight, at least. [/url]
Raug

Post by Raug »

Microsoft and Bungee should use this as an opportunity to declare war on France, invade, and set up a Microsoft totalitarian regime with Bill Gates as head dictator. It couldn't be any worse than France already is, could it? They could enslave part of the French population and make them work on the next version of Windows for pennies on the dollar. Of course, then Windows would crash everytime I tried to read anything regarding Dubya or the war in Iraq. Also, the discs they came on would smell like unwashed people.

Seriously though, that sucks. As the industry grows I think that this type of thing will keep happening more and more until something changes in the industry security wise. Whether that be higher penalties to deter it, better detection and prevention methods, or something else. I know I don't have the answer. All I can say is that it is surely unfortunate and gamers are hurting themselves along with the developers.

Basically, this post was not in any way constructive and was merely seizing another opportunity to bash the frenchies. :wink:
JayG

Post by JayG »

Are unreleased Console games discussed here? A big change from GG, but I suppose it makes sense. Still feels like the are is being kinda polluted.

As for Halo 2, I couldn't care less. The game has 1 million pre-orders, the leak is in French, and only modded XBoxes can play it. Save your pity for developers who need it (like the members of Ion Storm, who were let go after developing Thief 3). Bungie are part of Micosoft, they have a job for life.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

This is typically something that would go in Consoles, as noted, so I'm going to move it over there. If I'm wrong, and it really should be in here, then I beseech your forgiveness.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Could go either way. it's a console title, but it's unreleased. :P

Typically, here's the grand vision for the way it *should* work... (and used to, at GG)

1) Cross platform titles that are unreleased can be left in the "Unreleased Games" forum, as long as one of those platforms happens to be the PC. There's nothing implied about the unreleased games forum that says it's *only* for PC games, but, considering we have a seperate console titles forum, it's one of those things thats just kinda always been understood.

2) Console-only titles, regardless of release status typically went into console games.

Nobody's going to get in trouble for posting a game in the wrong forum. Worst case scenario: I take a little brain vacation from the boards, don't notice the thread in the wrong forum, and you get away with one. :oops:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

A thousand pardons! I didn't even know it was a console title -- I don't play action games myself. I assumed that it must be a PC game if it was being pirated...didn't even know that piracy was a problem in the world of Xboxen.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

I think it's a problem in one form or another for just about any platform. :(
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Bungie and Microsoft are apparently "cracking" down on the people that have it. How effective that will be is anyone's guess of course :)

I'm completely uninterested in this warez version. I pre-ordered the limited edition and can't wait till Nov. 11th :D
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

CharlieDelta wrote:I think it's a problem in one form or another for just about any platform. :(
AFAIK, not gamecube. I think people have even figured out how to make copies of GBA games.
I'm special!
elborto

Post by elborto »

ChrisGrenard wrote:AFAIK, not gamecube. I think people have even figured out how to make copies of GBA games.
While GC piracy may not be as widespread as that on other platforms (for a variety of reasons, I'd guess), rips of GC games exist and can be used on an unmodded GC via a quite ingenious way.

Claas