Counter Strike: Source

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

knob

Counter Strike: Source

Post by knob »

I just picked this up yesterday, and I'm wanting to get some games going. I hear the IRC people play, but I'm wondering, do you guys have any servers that you regularly play on?

Or maybe we could get a list of all of the GG (fuck, I can't call us that anymore, can I?) Steam names, so we can just follow each other around.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
tals

Post by tals »

Big question but is it worth getting the Silver Edition of Half Life 2 for?

Tals
knob

Post by knob »

Right now, I'd say it depends on whether or not you like CS:S. Later on down the road when the other games are actually released, then I'd say for sure.

But right now, all I have to do is play CS:S. It's fun, but not my absolute favorite MP game ever. I'm hoping if I get a fairly regular group of people to play with, it'll rise up on the last.

I'm really excited about DoD:S (Even though I never really played DoD to begin with) and HL1:S. And as far as I know, the Gold and Silver options are currently the only option you can use to get them.

Basically, if you like CS, go ahead and get it. If not, I'd say save your money until you can actually play the other games.

CS:S is pretty much an exact port of CS 1.6 with a few very minor changes. No new maps or new weapons. Apparently (I'm not enough of a CS Vet to say myself), they toned down the recoil a bit to make it easier for us newbies. Which is great news for me, as the recoil in CS was always one of my least favorite aspects.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
tals

Post by tals »

Saw this posted in another forum. Incredible level of detail in some of the objects. Check the PC taken out at the end

http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=92A1E ... 4EE2C89797

Tals
adumir

Post by adumir »

Buying silver was worth it for me. I'm having a blast in CS:S, despite the fact that I... ::drumroll::

Suck!!

The good part about being new to the game is I've not burned out on it like many others. The bad is I feel I have GPS locator stapped to my forehead, since all the oldies know exactly when I'm turning a corner.

I've also been having fun creating custom sprays from some past digital art I created - but, then, I'm the rube who usually gets more enjoyment about making versions of RL friends in Tony Hawk's create-a-skater than actually playing the game.
Christopher
Resident Kieslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more merlot..."
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

I am playing quite a bit of this and am sucking up the joint. Steam name is Pointer600. Would love to get a Brutesquad together!

Pointer
Vesper

Post by Vesper »

I just bought the silver package as well. CS:S looks pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing that engine in action for HL2.

I have NEVER played CS before, so I'm sure I'll be schooled online. We definately should get a GG-server together, or at least a group of us who can play together.
adumir

Post by adumir »

I'd love to up a GG steam server but I assume I cannot accomplish this over a basic DSL line. Anyone know what it takes to host a CS server?

If I get a chance, over the next few days, I'll look up the requirements.
Christopher
Resident Kieslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more merlot..."