F.E.A.R.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Eel Snave

F.E.A.R.

Post by Eel Snave »

Just thought this game should get a little love of it's own. I love Monolith's formula as of late (Contract JACK excluded), and it'll be interesting to see what they do with this one.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

One of my most anticipated games of the year.

From what I understand the game is supposed to be set entirely in first-person ala Half-Life. I never understood why more shooters don't try to do this.
End of line.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I think they don't because it invites unfavorable comparisons to HL. Monolith is probably the only ones, at this point, that can pull it off favorably.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I think that it's also because it's harder to pull off and can limit the story. HL-2 is geting a fair amount of complaints over it feeling unfinished with a lack of explanation as to where Gordon was and where he ends up and I think most of that is due to the fact that you're only seeing the game through his eyes and therefore can't have the entire story spoonfed to you without destroying the flow of the narrative.

As for F.E.A.R., I am really looking forward to this one. Let's hope that there are no more delays.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I thought this was still a couple years off.
Due this year?!?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Unfortunatly with the demise of GG we lost some insight into this game as I'm pretty sure that we used to have one of the people working on it post from time to time about it.

Right now it is the top non-sequal game on my radar.