EQ2...should I play?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hispanicgamer

EQ2...should I play?

Post by Hispanicgamer »

My darling wife was able to get a free copy of Everquest 2 and has given it to me. I know what's my problem right? Well, is this Evercrack thing for real? I mean I love gaming and all but I don't want to be sucked into playing it every hour of every day.

Give me your take on whether I should play it or not. I never played the original Everquest and I was never a player in D&D.
Now Playing:
MoH, Amnesia, Self
"Work to Live, Live to Play"
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

It just depends really. Some people get sucked into MMORPGs and some think they are boring and tedious. The problem is they don't have endings, so if you are a person who is very goal oriented, like myself, you can get sucked in because you never really reach the end goal (since there isn't one). Since you got it for free, you might as well try your free month and see what you think. You don't have much to lose, really. Well, unless you become so caught up in it all that you neglect your family and personal health and stuff...but people like that would have succumb to something else which would have made them act the same way.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

HG I know what you're saying... If I don't try it I can't become addicted... And yes the game's potin is to get you to sink all your time into it - for a looong long time. Iv'e found when I get really involved in an MMORG, I get kind of ornary and impatient, if I'm close to seeing something new. Becasue then I want to be left alone to get to that "next point". I did not play the original Everquest either for the exact same reason. That's why I played CoH and WoW. Because "supposedly" it's not as "bad" of a timesink and doens't force you to change your lifestyle to be in a guild etc.

The thing I like about Single Player games is I can get burned out f I play too much at once. This is good because then I lose the urge to play and can put it down. MMORGS are not like that because you're competing with everyone else...
Hispanicgamer

Post by Hispanicgamer »

Thanks for the advice. I received Planetside a few months back and didn't enjoy it much due to being dropped for some strange reason. Inevitably, I will most likely try it after I complete HL2. Hopefully, I won't be dropped, even though I have a cable modem and decent system. Seems to me that if I do enjoy it I would most likely recognize if I were getting out of hand in my playing of EQ2. I tried Morrowind when it first came out and I did enjoy it but stopped playing it because my system was too slow then. Oh well, next month I will give it a go and see where it takes me. 8)
Now Playing:
MoH, Amnesia, Self
"Work to Live, Live to Play"