SWM seeks like-minded partners for destruction and carnage.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

CharlieDelta

SWM seeks like-minded partners for destruction and carnage.

Post by CharlieDelta »

Any interest in Ravenshield co-op for a weekend? I'm all primed up and ready to go. I spent some time in it last night. I started a new campaign and went through the first mission. I got creamed the first time (Finished it, but lost two operatives) then I shook the rust off and blew through it the second time in record time and with no casualties. (Well, none to my team anyways. There were LOTS of terrorist casualties :) ) Saturday works best for me. Sunday I'm available during the day, but I'm working straight through the prime gaming time. (7:00-12:00 PM Eastern) If you have a TS2 account, we can use that too. If you don't, let me know and I'll set you up.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I could be. Depends partly on the timing. I pick my wife up from the airport this afternoon and I'll have a better idea of what I can do tonight. Will post then!
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

I would but I can't. Gotta big certification to study for. Maybe next weekend?
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

any weekend works for me. Due to the time contstraints my 2 jobs put on me, any day through the week is really bad, unless you guys want to play at 2:30 AM eastern :P Sundays through the day are do-able, but I start work at 7:00ish and carry it through to about midnight or so, so that cuts right through the Prime gaming time. Saturdays are obviously best, but many times, thats when you normal humans with regular hours do your partying, so I'm all too often left on the outside looking in. :( Sucks to be me huh? ;)
Crux

Post by Crux »

What times are good for you, CD? Just so I can try and maneuevere the wife into doing what I want. MUAHAHA.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Are you using the expansion pack? I've got Raven Shield but no Athena Sword (and I won't be able to get it until after the new year).
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Crux

Post by Crux »

NO expansion pack for me either CeeKay. Original all the way for now ;)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Saturday works for me.

Been a looooooong time though. I'm sure my suck factor will be pretty high.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

No expansion. I have it, but no one else does, so there's no point to me running it :) beyond that, anytime saturday is good, but I try and get all the shopping etc...done during the day. I'm not really an out-of-the-house kind of guy. I spend all week out of the house, living out of my car and off of snack machines, so on the weekends, I like to stay home as much as possible :) God knows I pay enough rent for this place, I like to stay inside it every now and again ;) Evenings are best for good, long, high-quality gaming time. 7:30ish (eastern) and onwards is the shizzle. 9:00 used to be the old GR crews standard, IIRC. Anytime in there is awesome.

About suckage: No worries. It's been awhile for me too, and my reputation for being a little loose with the trigger finger always seems to preceed me. :P It's why I keep getting kicked out of Americas Army servers. Just don't pop out around any corners unannounced, and you *probably* won't get shot. By me. Mostly. Sort of. :P Just be thankful RvS has no M203 or MM1 grenade launchers. I'm deadly with those, unfortunately, I'm often as deadly to my own team as I am to the enemies, and at least in GR, we could respawn :) (I'll miss my G11, but having an M249 should make up for it :) )

Anyone need a TS2 account? PM me with your preferred login and password. I promise I won't sell it. Cheap. ;)
Crux

Post by Crux »

How about we aim for a 9pm EST start time then? That should let me watch a movie with the wife and pacify her so I can sneak off to save the world!
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

No TS for me, the Mic (and headphone) jack on my Audigy 2 isn't working :x 9pm est works well for me.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ceekay, even if you can't speak, it is good to be able to hear the rest of us! Might avoid a few accidental teamkills this way.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

aussie77 wrote:How about we aim for a 9pm EST start time then? That should let me watch a movie with the wife and pacify her so I can sneak off to save the world!
Heh, save the world :P Good one. You've obviously never played with GG/OOers before ;) We're probably more of a danger to the world than the terrorists are. Lucky for us there's no civilians in these maps. Hmmm...Now I'm tempted to throw a couple of hostage rescue missions in there just to see who's gonna be the first to shoot one :P "Mission failed? that was quick, what happened?" "CD Fragged the room the hostages were in" :P On second thought, maybe I'd better just stick to flashbangs ;)
Brian

Post by Brian »

No TS for me either but I plan on being there.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

An hour to go-time :P I'm actually excited!

I'll be running the client server, not the dedicated, but all the info is the same. It'll show up in the server list as "OO Private" or somesuch, otherwise, the IP is in the server info thread (24.153.38.108 for anyone too lazy to look it up :P ) TS2 is the same as usual. Fire it up, make sure your login and password are correct, then point it towards "OctopusOverlords.com" and join. There's some new rooms available :P I should be in the RavenShield Co-Op room. if anyone wants to head in early, I'll probably get impatient around 8:30ish EST and start it up early :) I'm in TS2 now, but I'm at my PC on and off for the time being. (Christmas tree decorating)
Crux

Post by Crux »

I'll probably be heading in in about 10-15 mins, so say 8:40 or so. See you in there.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm getting an "Incompatible Version" error. What patch level are you at? I'm at 1.56.

Looking to see if there's a newer patch.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Looks like I need the 1.6 patch.

Downloading now.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well all I can say is great session guys. Lots of fun, good playing all around.

"Sorry did you say something because I can't hear over the ringing in my ears" award for loudest gun usage goes to Ceekay.

The "With friends like these who needs enemies" award for the most team kills goes to Amish.

"Nice to see you again" award for getting killed by the same bad guy on the same map multiple times goes to CharlieDelta for his excellent work.

"I'll be leaving now" award for stumbling into a room full of bad guys unprepared and getting blown away award goes to aussie77! Yay!

Personal highlight of the night: Clearing a room with the shotgun when Amish_Warlord comes around the corner from the opposite direction. Still trigger-happy from clearing the room aussie77 unloads a bucket of OO goodness into Amish's chest sending him flying.

Personal lowlight of the night: 15 seconds into the next round after killing Amish, aussie77 gets a double tap to the head from Amish when they enter the same corridoor at the same time from opposite ends.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

to add to the list:

Most Oblivious award goes to: CeeKay for taking cover behind an explosive barrel in the refinery.

It was fun guys. Hopefully I can jump on Thursday night!

And in all fairness the 'I'll be leaving now' should be a tie. In penthouse I wandered into the garden, was confronted by umteen tangoes, and was promptl killed fleeing because someone (ot naming names of the Austrailian guy) got in my way.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Let's not forget the "Which end is the front?" award, that I got, for wandering or leaning in front of the barrels of friendly weapons. While they were being fired :P
Brian

Post by Brian »

In my defense, three of those team kills were the result of teammates leaning into my field of fire.

Of course, the one time I did hold my fire when a teammate crossed in front of me I was killed cuz he missed the tango with about a 50 rounds from the M249. :)

Still in all it was a fun time and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Oh, and the "It woulda helped to be on TeamSpeak" award goes to myself for being unable to warn Charlie Delta and CeeKay about the grenade that had just been thrown at their feet.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

lol, that was funny. It was the meat packing plant mission right? I remember you guys went ahead around the corner, but there was an uncleared door behind us, so being the trailer, I took a position covering the door in case anybody came through it. "CeeKay and Amish will clear the storage room" I say to myself. Then I see Amish come running out of the room like his ass is on fire. "WTF? Where's he going now...<boom>" :) Lots of fun times in there. Some of the most fun was to be had when things DIDN'T work :P Like our preplanned assault on the bank. I don't think any of us made it more than ten feet inside the door :P
Crux

Post by Crux »

I don't think any of us made it more than ten feet inside the door
I clearly remember making it eleven feet inside the door before getting blown away. But that was definitely comedy gold. We're planning this out.. Ceekay to blow the door while CharlieDelta and I follow the blast and clear the foyer. So sure enough the door blows up, I rush in and cover the right like we planned. Unfortunately there were two guys on the right - one on the balcony, one on the stairs. I couldn't get both of them since the door let them know we were coming. Bam.
Brian

Post by Brian »

CharlieDelta wrote:It was the meat packing plant mission right?
Yeah. A similar occurance nearly happened during the Airport map. CharlieDelta and I were working our way around the outside of one of the buildings when I glanced in one of the ground floor windows. On the other side of the window was a guy just winding up to toss a grenade at us. I quickly put a three round burst into his chest but didn't wait around to see the results as I was positive he'd gotten that grenade airborne. I turned to hightail it outta there and ran smack into CharlieDelta. I foolishly tried to run through him for about two seconds when I realized there was no earth-shaterring Kaboom! Sure enough, when we entered the room there was the dead tango with his dropped grenade lying at his feet. :)
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

what about my famous "I'll bounce it in off the door jam" maneuver, only the grenade bounces off the door jam, and comes right back out and lands at my feet :P

Lucky the free world doesn't depend on us for it's survival.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Great news! It turns out my headphone/mic problem was software related, and since I did a fresh install they now work! So, how do I get set up for TS2?