Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

JayG

POP :Warrior within demo released

Post by JayG »

A 460 mb demo has been released.

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480070/

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?ta ... 2_Demo.zip

http://www.gamershell.com/news/17934.html

No idea if it's any good, but this forum looked a little lonely and I wanted to give it some love.
Falcon554

Post by Falcon554 »

It is VERY good :)
Scott
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

FREAKIN' AWESOME DEMO! FIRST DAY PURCHASE!
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
knob

Post by knob »

Does it have the same wonderful copy protection that the original had? I'm not completely convinced Starforce is a bad as people make it out to be, but I still refuse to install anything that uses it.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

It is good, but... hmm... does the demo go anywhere? I fought bad guys until I had killed well over 100 of them (which after you get the hang of it, you can do some spiffy moves) but it didn't seem to go anywhere.

Anyway, I'll probably pick this up on the consoles. The first PoP was great on Gamecube, so I'll probably go with that.
I'm special!
opi3

Post by opi3 »

ChrisGrenard wrote:It is good, but... hmm... does the demo go anywhere? I fought bad guys until I had killed well over 100...
Haha yeah it does, i had the same problem first time i tried it. I was liek wtf. You have to do the key combinations that appear at the bottom of the screen until they register, then a new path opens up. The demo is actually really great, more wall runnin, back flippin, time trippin action.. 8)
"i sense no danger here.."
disarm

Post by disarm »

Valael wrote:Does it have the same wonderful copy protection that the original had? I'm not completely convinced Starforce is a bad as people make it out to be, but I still refuse to install anything that uses it.
the US version of the original game didn't have Starforce...
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

teh game definitally seems cool, but I cannot STAND the mouse/keyboard controls for this game. Ugh, they feel very loose and I am frequently not doing what I want to do.

Chalk me up for somebody who will wait for the reviews to hit (though, I am pretty sure this one will be just as good as the last) and then will pick it up on console.
I'm special!
Uberstein

Post by Uberstein »

Yeah it's as if it is reading the mouse as a digital controller instead of analog. Moving the mouse a little or a lot to the right has the same effect: character turns at a constant speed---character doesn't "follow" the mouse movement. I don't remember Sands of Time being this way, and if this dodgy control persists into the finished product, I'll be forced to give it a pass. Would be a shame, as everything else looks terrific. VERY good looking game!
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

Sign me up for the Xbox version. LOVED the original.