Kingdom of Loathing

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Kingdom of Loathing

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Anyone here play this? http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

I was turned onto it the other day, and now I feel strangely embarrassed by my hypnotic attraction to it.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I play it sporadically. I don't know if it still exists, but I thought there was a Gonegold clan for a while.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

The fun plateaued for me.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The detail about wha the game is isn't very good. Tell me more. It sounds like it may have potential.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Well, being as I am only a lowly level 3 Chill Crook (but with mad disco aerobics manouvers and some serious Moxy!), I can only tell you that I have seen enough of the game to make me realize that there is a LOT going on that I don't understand...and that is part of the draw for me - figuring out what the hell this is all about.

If you thought Sam and Max was funny, or you think Jack Handy quotes are funny, then you will probably like this "game".

Check this out if you didn't see it:
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/static ... =whatiskol

Also, from CNET I believe: The actual game plays like a version of "Dungeons and Dragons" run by the creators of Monty Python, with a seriously vegetable-phobic 14-year-old acting as creative consultant

I can attest to the veggie..ah...centricity in the game. Meat and alcohol consumption also play a big role if that helps. There are such things as "meat trees" and "Filthy Corduroys"

"This is a pair of filthy corduroys. They're filthy because they came from the wardrobe of a filthy, filthy hippy."

It's good, light fun while I am sipping my coffee at work...
ScaryMike

Post by ScaryMike »

I played it up through level 15 before I got bored with it. Thats still many more hours than I got out of most video games that cost 50 bucks.

I am the guild leader for the gone gold guild, but its pretty much defunct. Seems like most of the members don't play anymore.

-Mike
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

I played a lot of it, until I beat all the content that was there at the time. It's good fun.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Yeah, great fun until it turns into tedium. But it's free, so you got nothing to lose.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I would describe it as being Progress Quest except it's not automatic.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I have two characters - Frutti di Mare and GloriaGaynor. I'm crazy about it but I stopped when they hit level 15.

LordMortis, I can't explain it except that it made me giggle hysterically. You must try it.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
gwartok

Post by gwartok »

I played the hell out of it for a few weeks when it was big on GG. Heck, I played it so much I wound up sending in a small donation. I've got plenty of $50 games laying around here that I didn't get that kind of play time out of.

But like the others mentioned, after a few weeks everything to see and do had been done. Fun while it lasted though and there was more than a few times I found myself laughing out loud while playing.