KotOR - Question about feats

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

rob

KotOR - Question about feats

Post by rob »

Hello -

I believe this question came up on the old board, but I don't remember the answer. Will my melee feats still apply once I start using a lightsaber, or is the saber in its own class with its own feats? I have a level 5 soldier who exclusively uses melee weapons, so I've been choosing feats accordingly (flurry, melee weapon specialization, etc.). Naturally, I'm concerned that these feats may be wasted when I get a saber.

Advice is appreciated as always -

r
Massena

Post by Massena »

The melee feats carry over. Crit strike, flurry, power all carry. You'll need to focus and specialize in lightsabers once you can, but not those three.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Melee feats dont help saber skils tho right? Just the specific saber feats do...
rob

Post by rob »

Ranulf wrote:Melee feats dont help saber skils tho right? Just the specific saber feats do...
Based on Massena's response and a FAQ I just looked at, they mostly carry over and apply to lightsaber combat. The only one that isn't worth progressing in is the Melee Weapons proficiency feat, as that does not apply when using a lightsaber.

r
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Melee weapons skill does not carry over to light saber (and so is worse than useless). Others do.

Note that there are detailed analyses of crit strike vs. flurry vs. power and two handed vs one at Gamefaqs.

By now there may be character editors which will allow you to change your character. I'd do so if I were you. I'd just look at it as 'hey, I can hit with a melee weapon, this should help me hit with a light saber, no matter what the developers say'.